VANRATH is delighted to working with a well-known distributor of heavy machinery, who are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join their already established team. A fantastic opportunity for a finance professional to further develop their career in a fast paced environment.
My client has a generous renumeration package on offer for the successful candidate
- Competitive salary
- On-site parking
- Company pension
The successful candidate will assist the financial controller in the day to day running of the finance department. The successful individual will be driven and keen to progress their career. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Creating invoices in a timely manner.
- Checking details on reports to ensure jobs are billed correctly.
- Sending invoices to Customers in line with individual requirements.
- Dealing with Customer account queries and resolving same.
- Sending Customer statements and querying any overdue payments.
- Aged debt management and reporting
- Processing Supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Input of Supplier invoices and credit notes into accounting software (Exact Global.
- Checking Supplier statements/invoices and arranging payment runs in line with invoice terms.
- Ensure creditors are regularly reviewed for efficient payment terms
- Assist with month end accounts.
- Preparation of Bank reconciliations.
- Monthly reporting and ensure deadlines are hit.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a fast-paced finance environment. The successful candidate will be confident liaising with senior members of the finance team and have the ability to work collectively as part of a team and on their own.
- Experience of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable and be able to demonstrate this.
- Good experience and knowledge of digital accounts package.
- Experience working with Purchase Orders and GRNs (Goods Received Notes).
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite especially Excel.
- Strong communication skills & willingness to work as a part of wider team locally and internationally.
- Good work ethic.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.