VANRATH is pleased to be recruiting for an Accounts Assistant for a well-known PLC, who are the largest retailer for DIY products in Ireland and trade nationally through 35 stores and outlets. The successful Accounts Assistant will Assist the FC in the day-to-day running of the finance function and play a pivotal role as a company grows over the coming years.
Our client is offering a great package for the successful Accounts Assistant…
- Study support
- Early finish on a Friday
- Great learning opportunity
- Career progression
Our client has made three recent acquisitions in Northern Ireland over the past 6 months, hence why this newly created role has come about. Our client has span across the UK and Ireland and trades nationally across the world. With brand across the distribution, retail and manufacturing industries this role will give great scope across many industries.
The successful candidate will assist the FC in the day-to-day running of the finance function and play a key role in the preparation of management accounts. The Accounts Assist will be possible for the following:
- Assisting with daily finance tasks
- Closely involved within the monthly management accounts process
- Processing petty cash claims
- Posting journals to the finance system
- Raising manual invoices as requested and maintaining the manual invoice register
- Monthly reconciliation of control accounts including bank reconciliations
- Various other accounts/administrative tasks as they arise
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be self-starter, who is keen to learn and progress their career. We would like a candidate who has at least 1 years' experience in a fast paced finance function and has had exposure to Excel and an accountancy based software.
- Third level relevant qualification (desirable)
- Experience in relevant finance role for at least 2 years
- Proficient in Excel
- Willingness to learn with a "can do" attitude
- Strong time management skills
- Able to easily prioritise tasks, consistently meet deadlines and ensure time is used effectively
- Enjoy problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and able to communicate at all levels within the organisation both internally and externally
- Highly numerate and analytical individual with keen attention to detail
A fantastic opportunity for a hands-on and driven individual who wants to gain career progression whilst learning and developing an excellent career path. This role offers variety and a great support team.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.