VANRATH is pleased to be assisting an international firm, as they recruit for an Accounts Assistant to join an already established team. Reporting to the Senior Accounts Manager, the successful Accounts Assistant will be responsible ensuring timely reporting against month end deadlines and assisting with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
My client has a generous remuneration package on offer for the successful candidate…
- Hybrid working
- Competitive salary
- Career progression
- Benefits package
A great opportunity to enter into a large organisation, with a varied day-to-day work life. The successful applicant will assist with accounts payable and receivable, P&L's, balance sheet reconciliations and more. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare and review company invoices in a timely and accurate manner
- VAT checks and returns
- Maintain billing and payments inbox
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and review P&L's for anomalies and discrepancies
- Assist with account reconciliations, pre-payments and accruals
- Assist with Accounting Analyst duties on an ad hoc basis
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have previously worked in a similar role and have a solid understanding of general accounting principles. The successful candidate, will meet the following criteria:
- solid understanding of accounting and a general knowledge of VAT
- Reasonable skills in Excel
- A drive for excellence and taking personal responsibility for all tasks under the remit
- Dependable and can make the extra effort to meet deadlines
- A flexible and professional attitude
- Hands-on mentality and the ability to work both independently and with a team
A great opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly growing company. If you are looking for a role that can offer stability and longevity- look no further. Working in a small team, with exceptional in-house training will allow the successful applicant to further enhance their existing skillset.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence.