I am pleased to be working with a renowned engineering company based in Belfast. Due to organic growth and recent acquisitions my client is investing heavily in their already established finance function to help meet the needs of a growing business. We are currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant. The successful candidate will report to the Management Accountant.
My client has a generous remuneration package on offer, to attract the very best talent in a busy market.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent career progression
- In-house training from a fantastic finance team
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working after probationary period
My client is currently undergoing a huge period of growth due recent acquisitions and organic development. Having recently increased their staff to 110 and further growing their finance team, my client is a powerhouse in their industry. An exciting company, which just continues to grow.
This role has come about due to internal growth within the current finance team. This role allows for an interesting day to day working life due to the variety of tasks to carryout daily and offers career progression. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage purchase invoice queries, including, but not limited to, notification of query to the supplier, recording same on accounts system and maintenance of the hard copy query files.
- Assisting in month end
- Resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Ensure all invoices falling due for payment are either paid or queried in a timely fashion.
- Monthly supplier statement reconciliations and resolution of reconciling differences.
- Management of the monthly payment run, including, but not limited to, production of cheques, BACS payments, remittances, notifications of invoices on query and postage to suppliers.
- Maintenance of the Accounts Payable on the accounts system, including, but not limited to, payment terms, rebates due, discounts allowed and supplier addresses.
- Ensure all unallocated payments are allocated before month end closing.
- Costing and posting of all overhead invoices and obtaining approvals for payment.
- Reanalysis of cheque journal and cash book.
- Monthly reconciliation of Credit card and Debit card transactions.
- Any other ad-hoc duties that should arise.
The Ideal Candidate
This role is ideally suited to someone having previously worked in a similar role. The successful candidate should have the following:
- Working toward an accounting qualification
- At least 2+ years' experience in a similar finance function
- Driven and keen to ascertain career progression
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Exposure to accounting software's or n ERP system would be benefice
A great opportunity within a close-knit finance team. The successful applicant will get tremendous support from the FC, FD and the Assistant Accountants and get exposure to a vast market. Moreover, the in-house learning opportunities are next to none, with system implementation exposure and the ability to work directly with the FC.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chanel Gillen in the strictest confidence.