A large Public Sector organisation based in Antrim are recruiting a Accounts Assistant to join their team on an initial temporary contract for 6-9 months. If this sounds like it might be of interest to you, please apply for more information.
A large Public Sector organisation based in Antrim is currently recruiting an Accounts Assistant to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an employer with an excellent reputation in the local market and a well-established finance team.
The Accounts Assistant will provide support in the efficient operation of the accounts section and maintenance of the integrity of the accounting records. The main duties will include the processing of payments to creditors, reconciliation of debtors and creditors control accounts and processing of income returns
- In the absence of the Accounts Supervisor ensure that all appropriate procedures are carried out to ensure the continued effective operation of the accounts section.
- Process invoices and carry out the accurate input to the computerised accounting system.
- Match and process invoices/purchase orders for all council departments for payment in accordance with agreed procurement/payment procedures.
- Handle requests from suppliers regarding outstanding payments and liaise with appropriate officers in other departments to resolve issues delaying payments.
- Performing checks on invoices, maintenance of payment registers to control appropriate non-order supplier payments, the accurate input of the transactions and preparing payments to suppliers by BAC's, cheques, direct debit and credit card.
- Montly reconciliations.
- Other duties as required.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience including:
- Salary starting at £30,296
- Initial temporary contract offering immediate start
- Comfortable working environment and excellent team
- On-site parking
The Ideal Person
- 5 GCSEs (to include English and Maths) at Grades A - C or equivalent Consideration may be given to candidates who do not hold the above qualifications but who can demonstrate 5 years' experience as detailed below.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in accruals accounting, in a computerised accounting environment
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Excel
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Some feedback from recent VANRATH candidates-
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''