Have you 2+ years' working in a busy finance department? Are you looking to up-skill in a new role? Do you want to work in a rewarding industry with a dynamic team, which offers a fast-paced working environment?
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience plus a range of benefits including:
- 32 days holiday allowance, which increases with service
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Group sick scheme
Our client is a diverse and exciting organisation, comprised of multiple companies to form the well-known charitable group. Their aim is to build a sustainable future for communities by tackling existing and emerging social needs. Offering a range of services to the local communities in Northern Ireland from care services, educational services and sports, our client continually caters to support and serves.
The Ideal Person
If you've 2+ years' working in a busy finance department and have experience handling a high volume of bank reconciliations, this could be your next career move:
- 5 GCSE's at grade C and above (including Maths and English), or equivalent
- At least 2 years' experience working within a busy finance department
- Handling and recording of cash receipts and payments
- High volume bank reconciliations and other balance sheet control account reconciliations
- Effective use of computerised accounts packages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and Outlook with strong Excel skills
- Demonstrable understanding of good financial controls
- Experience of Sage
- Experience of developing and documenting financial processes and procedures
As an Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for:
1. Efficient downloading of statements from a number of banking platforms on a regular basis.
2. Completion of daily bank reconciliations for the Accounts, closely monitoring & investigating any unreconciled transactions, whilst working to month end close timelines.
3. Daily reporting on cash balances.
4. Responsible for processing bank payments and ensuring control of direct debits from the bank.
5. Supporting the company accountants in monitoring cash flow forecasts and updating cash flow models.
6. To undertake intercompany reconciliations and process transactions as required.
7. Reconciling company credit card statements.
8. Working closely with the Finance team to help ensure the availability of cash to meet operational requirements of the business.
9. Reconciliation of petty cash balances.
10. Assisting the Accountants with internal and external audits as and when required.
11. Assisting in the development and documentation of financial processes and procedures to maintain good financial control.
12. Other ad hoc assignments as and when required.
13. To adhere to policies and procedures.
14. To maintain confidentiality at all times, ensuring that personal details are recorded and stored as appropriate.
15. To observe all Health & Safety rules & regulations.
16. To undertake such other relevant duties which may from time to time be required that are relevant to the post.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence