Accounts and Payroll Administrator
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for an Accounts and Payroll Administrator for a manufacturing company in Bangor. My client is proud to have won numerous accolades for their dedication and determination to create innovative polymer solutions. The successful candidate will report to the Accounts Manager and be responsible for weekly payroll of up to 350 employees.
- Ensure that payrolls for c. 350 employees are processed accurately on a weekly basis.
- Manually calculate SSP, SMP, and SPP when required and administer company sick pay.
- Calculation of overtime and any other payroll changes.
- Maintain accurate pension records.
- Communicate with HR department to ensure payroll is processed accurately and employee information is kept up to date.
- Produce the required weekly/ monthly payroll Sage reports.
- Reconcile payrolls, ensuring that all new joiners are added, leavers removed, correct rates have been applied and so forth.
- Adhere to the relevant HMRC rules and regulations for payroll reporting, keeping up to date with current legislation and company compliance.
- Complete payroll year end procedures.
- Provide support for purchase ledger/credit control and carry out general office duties as and when required.
The Ideal person
The ideal candidate will have 2+ years' experience working in a busy transactional finance function and will have experience of using sage 50.
- At least 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English & Maths to Grade C or above.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of experience processing payroll.
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 payroll essential.
- IT proficiency, specifically Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to multi-task, work both independently and as part of a team and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to identify discrepancies in payroll.
- Previous accounts payable experience required.
- Knowledge of ERP system
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working
For further information on this role, or any other jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please contact Hannah MacLaren in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250 or apply via the link on this page