- Job Reference: JSW140323
- Job Title: Welder
- Salary: £12.50 to £14.25 Hourly Rate DOE
- Location: Newry
Exclusive opportunity for an experienced Welder, specifically experienced in MIG welding, to join our client's workshop team on a permanent basis.
VANRATH are recruiting a Welder to join a dynamic engineering team to provide support on a variety of Aerospace and Toolmaking projects.
£12.50 to £14.25ph
Standard 40 Hour Week
Our client is a large, global manufacturer with 30 years experience designing and manufacturing mechanical products for the construction industry. They operate from an 85,000 sq ft facility in Newry and currently put out over 100,000 units per year.
Their portfolio of customers includes some of the biggest names in construction and their consistent, year on year growth is built on a foundation of ground-breaking technology and a reputation for quality and innovation.
- Tack and final weld steel using a three phase MIG welder as per standard operating procedure.
- Organise and plan daily work and record work carried out through computer based data capture system as instructed.
- Identify, communicate and implement opportunities for continuous improvement and measure their effectiveness.
- Move and position components/products using overhead crane or other lifting equipment as provided and in accordance with instruction given.
- Work within the internal quality system, ensure that optimum performance and required quality standards are maintained through to finished product stage.
- To interpret Engineering Drawings and confirm adherence to specification using calibrated measuring instruments and templates.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment in safe working order and in peak production condition.
The Ideal Person:
- 2+ years' experience of Welding in a dynamic workshop environment.
- Good experience with MIG welding
- Ability to accurately interpret engineering drawings/diagrams.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250