Waste Transfer Station Supervisor (Public Sector)
Are you looking for a Waste Transfer Station Supervisor role? Interested in working for a Public Sector organisation?
VANRATH are assisting a major Public Sector organisation with the recruitment of a Waste Transfer Station Supervisor in Belfast. The role will initially run for around 6 months, with this highly likely to be extended, this proves to be a great opportunity.
£17.53 per hour + Fantastic Public Sector Benefits
- To inspect the quality of wastes deposited to ensure only permitted wastes are accepted and transferred to landfill and to ensure wastes brought onto site for recycling are segregated appropriately, ready for dispatch to recovery sites.
- To assist the WTS Officer in overseeing internal and contracted plant hire operators, haulage contract and other contracts and to assist with pre-contract meetings with contractors and undertake regular performance management meetings with contractors.
- To monitor, manage and develop staff performance through a range of internal presentations and external training applications, reporting any service need shortfalls to the WTS Officer.
- To monitor incoming driver's documentation and inspect incoming waste as per Duty of Care Regulations through liaison with weighbridge administrative staff.
- To maintain the infrastructure of the WTS through a planned maintenance programme, including liaising with the Project Management Unit and consulting Engineers on repairs and outstanding and improvement works.
- To supervise improvements in site infrastructure to ensure the WTS is maintained in a satisfactory condition suitable for site security, vehicular traffic and pedestrian movement and control, ensuring that all vehicles and site personnel and users adhere to site signage instructions and speed limits.
The Ideal Person
- Possess either: Membership of a professional institute related to Civil or Construction Engineering and, or Waste Management; or Certificate of Technical Competence in Waste Management relating to Managing Transfer Operations - Biodegradable Waste (Level 4);
- Be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, at least two years' relevant experience of working and controlling materials received at one of the following:
- A waste transfer site; or
- A civil engineering site; and
- Be able to demonstrate on the application form, by providing personal and specific examples, experience of directing and controlling the movement and location of discharging activities of commercial or local authority vehicles in excess of 10 tonne loads
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.