We are delighted to be recruiting for a Band 6 Server Infrastructure Engineer who will support the delivery of infrastructure solutions and services built on a range of virtualisation, server, storage, and data protection platforms from Cisco, VMware and Dell|EMC. The successful candidate will be working on complex projects to help deliver the best digital services infrastructure and supporting the operational needs of the organisation.
This is a 6 month ongoing position, on a hybrid working basis.
This role is offering a lucrative starting salary of between c£32,306, + holiday and pension from Day 1
Our client is a large Belfast based health sector client, seeking to improve the health and wellbeing of the Northern Irish public. They apply the highest levels of knowledge and skill to preserve life, prevent deterioration and promote recovery. The Client provides high quality emergency, urgent and primary care services throughout Greater Belfast.
The Ideal Person
The ideal candidate needs to have the following experience;
- Experience in managing a Microsoft Server Operating System environment for a large organisation.
- Experience in managing a VMware vSphere environment for a large organisation.
- Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills across a wide range of technical services.
- Experience in managing a Backup System environment for a large organisation
- Experience of working with Cisco UCS Computing Hardware
- Experience of PowerShell/PowerCLI
- Experience administering Active Directory environments.
- Experience of working with an ITIL environment
- Ideally also will have experience in managing a SAN/NAS Storage environment for a large organisation
As the Server Infrastructure Engineer, you will:
- Assist in the management of our server infrastructure, supporting and maintaining resources in our physical and VMware vSphere environment.
- Assist in the monitoring of infrastructure and dealing with alerts using available toolsets.
- Assist in the replacement of hardware components on site.
- Assist in the installation, implementation and decommissioning of hardware on site.
- Assist in analysis of performance statistics, providing appropriate reports on usage and recommending corrective action.
- Maintain a highly secure system through effective governance, and oversight of delivered services.
- Ensure that IT security, physical security and data confidentiality are maintained to a high standard.
- Produce, and assist in the maintenance of, infrastructure configuration and technical documentation.
- Monitor and investigate issues related to server infrastructure and resolve problems in systems, processes, and services as appropriate following all organisational change control processes.
- Provide support on all infrastructure issues ensuring resolutions are implemented in a timely manner.
- Participate in the ICT Infrastructure on call rota when required.
- Attend the Trust's Datacentres or other Trusts sites when required to ensure delivery of the Digital Services Infrastructure.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT & Tech Temporary job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.