UKAS Accredited Lab Manager - Greater Belfast
UKAS / ISO / NRA knowledge is highly desirable.
VANRATH are delighted to be working closely with a large organisation based in the Greater Belfast area.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established organisation to help with the growth and success of the UKAS accredited labs and testing of materials across their sites.
The successful post-holder will be reporting directly into the Technical Manager. You must have access to a vehicle to fulfil the duties required.
Salary on offer: An attractive salary for the right candidate & market leading benefits!
Duties will include:
- Assist Technical Manager in maintaining Laboratory UKAS scope of accreditation and assist with extension to scope.
- Assist Technical Manager in Maintaining Laboratory Quality Management Systems / Manuals / standards reviews & updates.
- Liaise with production, contracting and sales staff and become fully aware of the specifications of materials for each project. Utilise this information in the the development, review and operation of materials.
- Ensure laboratories and sites are resourced to effectively meet contract requirements and equipment is maintained and calibrated.
- Ensure laboratories are clean, maintained and equipment is in good working order.
- Supervise and manager all laboratory and site staff, ensuring correct sampling and testing of materials take place and accurate reporting structures are implemented.
- Ensure that the key roles are staffed with people who can effectively undertake their roles.
- Ensure that their roles are clearly defined, understood and that their performance is regularly reviewed.
- Ensure all employees are motivated to achieve the business and their personal objectives.
- Host Internal and External Auditors during Audits and ensure relevant document and information is made available.
- Responsible for monitoring the production of materials. In the event of a problem arising, responsible for finding and implementing solutions.
- Maintain effective relationships between the company and the client (or their representative), providing necessary information regarding the testing and quality of the material.
- Advise site staff on quality control and technical aspects of contracts.
- A-Level education or equivalent
- 3+ years of proven supervisory success in a lab based/manufacturing/construction environment.
- Expertise in accreditation standards (BS, ISO, NRA).
- Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- A valid driving license for fulfilling duties, you will be required to travel on alternative sites.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Science / Data jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath in the strictest confidence.
Some feedback from recent VANRATH candidates-
Recent Feedback from our candidates:
''The team at VANRATH were extremely helpful in helping me find my new role. They kept me up to date on my application and provided excellent advice throughout the interview process. Overall the process could not have gone smoother or any quicker and I would definitely recommend reaching out to them if you are on the lookout for a new role.''
''I was contacted by VANRATH in regards to a job I had applied for. They were extremely helpful and gave me a number of positions to apply for. They had interviews set up in a number of hours and I secured a position within days. They kept we well informed throughout the process and has continued to touch base after I have started my new role. Couldn't recommend enough.''