Fantastic opportunity for an experienced a Transport Manager to join a thriving Food Services / FMCG company (Fantastic company, with multi billion turnover).
This company places immense value on their staff, and is one of the best places for an individual to work in
Office is based in Belfast - Dargan
CPC is essential
£32,000 - £39,000 (Fully Negotiable) + Bonus (5%) Additional Fantastic Benefits and Perks
- Lead, motivate and continually develop the Transport team by working in a harmonious atmosphere
- Lead the team by example working in accordance with company procedures
- Organise, plan, and manage the day to day transport operation.
- Ensure company compliance is maintained in line with transport legislation and procedures e.g. tachograph, Digi card, fleet management and Good Distribution Practice.
- Ensure the safety, health and welfare at work of your employees
- Liaise with all stakeholders internal and external to manage and maintain a flexible team-based approach.
- Compile annual budgetary requirements for transport admin and drivers including payroll.
- Prepare and implement strategic development plan for the transport function in conjunction with Senior Management. (full list of responsibilities available upon request via job description)
The Ideal Person:
- Strong experience of managing a large team in a fast moving customer orientated transport operation.
- Thorough knowledge of distribution operations including specific processes such as H&S and HACCP etc.
- Working knowledge of driver hours, tachographs and transport procedures.
- Working experience and knowledge of budgets and compilation and presentation of KPIs to senior level.
For further information on this opportunity, or any other position, please apply via the link below or contact Jack Groves via Vanrath in the strictest confidence.
I have registered with VANRATH for previous role changes, and as always, the professional service and support they provide are second to none. Hannah MacLaren was always available to answer any questions I had, as well as guide me through the recruitment and interview process.
I would highly recommend VANRATH.
New role secured really quickly thanks to Ross and Shannon who understood what I was searching for and set about getting my CV in front of the right people straight away. Communications were excellent. They were also really helpful with interview prep and making me feel at ease throughout the process. Highly recommended... thanks again, folks!
I would highly recommend Neill Ferguson at Vanrath. He helped me secure a new role in QA which will be life changing. Neill made the effort to have follow up calls after completing interviews and sending over relevant documentation. Would highly recommend Vanrath to help secure your next role.
From the moment I contacted Van Rath to discuss temporary contract opportunities, I have been highly impressed with the overall service. Van Rath staff took time to discuss my options, listen to my concerns and plan a personalised approach to finding me a suitable contract. I met with Damian and Robbie in the office and found them both to be very helpful and knowledgeable, putting me at ease immediately. Dan Morgan has also worked very hard to secure the perfect contract for me, keeping me updated regularly on progress and ensuring I was happy with all the detail - he has been a pleasure to deal with. Thanks so much for all your help and support- I can't wait to start my Van Rath journey!
I had been in a job that I felt ok in. I was approached by an agent from Vanrath who had a position that he felt was perfect for me. It was a step up and better a package. I took a look but still was not sure.
I interviewed anyway and got an amazing vibe. I did the second interview and was offered the position.
The agent I dealt with was Mark McAdams. I cannot thank Mark enough. He was contactable through the whole journey and made an effort to keep me in the loop every step of the way. Thank you so much Mark. I will always recommend you if asked in the future.
Well done Vanrath!!