Transformation Officer- Bangor/Hybrid
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting a Transformation Officer for a busy team with our Local Authority client. Reporting into the Head of Service/Manager, this is an urgent start for an initial duration of 9 months but is likely going to be funded for a permanent post.
This is an amazing opportunity to get involved at an extremely busy period of work. Projects include a range of Digital, Estates, Commercialisation alongside Leisure and waste.
This is a full time position (36 hours per week) and is a hybrid working role- typically 3 days remote and 2 days in the Bangor office.
£36,000, plus pension, holiday pay and discount benefits.
- Support the Transformation Manager in project managing a wide range of internal stakeholders to deliver transformation projects and programmes for the Council.
- Promote best practice in project management across the Council and contribute to the development and promotion of a consistent and effective project management approach across the organisation.
- Provide a professional and quality driven Transformation support service for all Directorates within the Council.
- Develop programme and project delivery plans, ensuring the co-ordination of all appropriate service, HR, financial, legal, procurement and technical inputs.
- Assist in the delivery of projects within budget and ensure regular budget reports are provided in line with Council procedures.
- Support and deliver change within and across the Council to deliver identified strategic outcomes.
- Preparing routine and bespoke reports as required for senior management, elected members and other stakeholders.
- Monitoring and evaluating the impact of the transformation to ensure that they are delivering the expected benefits.
- Collaborative working with colleagues across local government and beyond.
- To comply with and promote equality, health, and safety in accordance with Council Policies and legal requirements.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area.
- 3 years relevant experience as outlined below.
- A recognised project management qualification such as PRINCE2.
2 years' relevant experience to include each of the following:
- Assisting and co-ordinating project delivery across various stages of the project life cycle.
- Assisting and co-ordinating multi-disciplinary teams and internal/ external stakeholders.
- Assisting with the development of programme and project delivery plans, ensuring the co-ordination of all appropriate service, HR, financial, legal, procurement and technical inputs.
- Excellent level of written and verbal communication skills including report writing.
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office 365 and applications.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT PM jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Ross Stevenson in the strictest confidence.