People and Training Development Partner
VANRATH is delighted to be partnering with one of Northern Ireland's most employee focused, award winning manufacture and design companies. We, at VANRATH are working on a brand new appointment for a People & Training Development Partner based predominantly out of their Derry/Londonderry office.
The company in question is an award-winning UK based online retailer. The company design and develop a series of unique products and accessories that easily integrate to the customers needs.
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for an experienced L&D professional with 3+ year's training design and delivery experience, to join the expanding team, providing multi-site support for a growing team and who can make the role their own.
The successful applicant could be an experienced Learning & Development professional with an Engineering background or an energetic L&D Co-Ordinator looking to make the step up and progress their career. Whether your one or the other, it's essential that you are a motivated self-starter, with a pro-active and solutions orientated approach.
This role is what you will make it and you can shape this new role in a fun and innovative company!
In return you will be offered a flexible approach to working hours, autonomy so you manage your own workload, and a friendly and supportive team to work with.
The Company has ambitious plans for growth and is keen to build a team who can grow alongside the business, so there are opportunities for development, coupled with the opportunity to work with one of the most innovative and passionate teams in the industry.
Training And Development, Engineering (non essential), Networking, People Skills, Staff Training
Parking, Laptop, enhanced family benefits, Paid Holidays, Performance Bonus, flexible working
Reporting to: Group HR Manager
Working with: HR Team and All Teams across group
- You will build strong internal and external relationships to thoroughly understand the business requirements for skills and resources to deliver on an impactful talent strategy.
- As a trusted partner you will work closely with all parts of the business to provide expert learning support and advice on the development of talent.
- You will keep all internal stakeholders up to date with the latest training developments to create and sustain stimulating learning activities for our employees.
- You will work with the Leadership teams to ensure that key talent is retained and developed to support succession planning within the company
- You will proactively listen to and capture business needs and assesses which learning solution can address them, as well as addressing ad-hoc requests.
- You will work closely with educational partners to assess suitability of course content/identify gaps in curriculum to meet the business needs
- You will be responsible for coordinating training for employees.
- You will develop and coordinate training plans, developing new processes where they are required.
- You will process and manage in depth compliance processes, including the regular maintenance of the training grant applications and associated administration.
- You will have a key role to play in building and nurturing a strong early careers talent pipeline.
- You will create and co-ordinate early careers programmes across the company
- You will assist in creating employer branding and recruitment methods that attract the best possible early careers talent on the market.
- You will help to source and develop talent through a variety of initiatives such as graduate and apprenticeships schemes, working with external bodies such as the universities, colleges, schools and Invest NI.
- You will report regularly on training metrics.
- Managing within a training and recruitment budget.
- You will be responsible for development of our training academy at all levels
- Minimum of 3 years experience with responsibilities for learning and development in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage and build relationships with a range of stakeholders at all levels.
- High proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other MS products.
- Excellent project management skills and high attention to detail
- Tact and discretion for dealing with confidential information
- Exceptional organisational skills, working flexibly and prioritising workload to meet deadlines
- Experience of working in a manufacturing or engineering business
- 3rd Level Degree or equivalent qualification
If you are interested in this L&D role please apply below or if you are keen to hear about any other senior HR roles within the Private Sector, please reach out to Jason Glenn @ Vanrath to discuss.