- Job Reference: RAJE091121
- Job Title: Trainee / Assistant Estimator (Construction)
- Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 + benefits
- Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Trainee / Assistant Estimator
Are you looking for an Estimator role? Interested in working for a leading provider of architectural facade glazing systems within the UK construction industry?
VANRATH are recruiting a Trainee / Assistant Estimator to work for a leading façade contractor, based in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
c£20,000 - £25,000 + benefits
Our client is a leading provider of architectural facade glazing systems within the UK construction industry. They provide professional services to many of the market leading Main Contractors in the industry.
Their highly dedicated team have extensive knowledge relating to all areas of architectural facades; from Bolted glass, curtain walling, windows, Unitised and fully bespoke solutions, Aluminium, Steel & Fire rated, they have successfully completed hundreds of facades.
The business is looking for a Trainee / Assistant Estimator with the desire to work for an ever-expanding company, and the drive to not only grow their individual knowledge and experience in the industry, but to use those skills to be a pivotal part of the company's growth.
The successful individual will be required to work both individually and as part of a team, taking a tender from initial enquiry to final submittal, ensuring a high level of consideration and care are applied in order to provide a professional standard of work.
The Trainee / Assistant Estimator will be provided with an extensive array of internal knowledge, as well as opportunities to further expand your knowledge by attending various training courses.
- Taking responsibility for receiving tender enquiries and subsequent logging of the enquiry
- Understanding architect drawings/specifications
- Data entry on cost spreadsheet, ensuring quantities and configurations are accounted for
- Develop relationships with suppliers in order to assist with cost requirements
- Identifying value engineering opportunities in order to keep quotes competitive
- Preparing BOQ/rates sheet and tender documentation
- Managing your time in such a way that you meet agreed deadlines
- Communicating with clients on tender status
- Assisting with project handover meetings
- Maintain accurate information regarding suppliers, sub-contractors & clients
The Ideal Person:
- Ideally Degree / HND Qualified
- Have experience working within a commercial team for a Construction company
- Excellent numerical and literacy skills
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft library (Word, Excel etc)
- Excellent level of attention to details and organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and provide a high standard of work while doing so
- A team player with the motivation to be successful.
- Excellent communication skills
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250