Trainee Accounts Assistant
VANRATH is pleased to be exclusively working alongside a renowned business group in Domore Co. Down who are in search of a Trainee Assistant Accountant. This is an opportunity to gain 1st class training and support and develop in a fantastic career in a thriving business. This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate/ Finance Assistant or Accounting Technician to gain experience in a career in accounts.
- Competitive salary
- Training package with career progression
- Immediate start available
- Study Support (IATI/CIMA/ACCA)
The Trainee Accounts Assistant will report to the Financial Controller and the Financial Director. As a Trainee Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating the sales ledger and purchase ledger
- Bank reconciliations and credit card statements
- Assisting with Management Accounts
- Assisting with payroll
- Supporting the finance team with administrative assistance.
The Ideal Candidate
As a Trainee Assistant Accountant, you must have a high level of accuracy and must be self-motivated. The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- At least 5 GCSE's with at least Grade B in Maths and grade C in English
- Good Excel skills
- Ability to work to meet deadlines and maintain a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with both team members and senior stake holders
- Working effectively and contributing in a team environment as well as working on their own initiative
- Complying with GDPR guidelines and maintaining confidentiality with regards to the business
- One or more years' experience of working within a finance function, but not essential.
The successful applicant will get tremendous support and gain exposure to a vast market. The in-house learning opportunities are next to none, with fantastic career progression opportunities.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chanel Gillen in the strictest confidence.