Trainee Accounts Assistant
VANRATH is pleased to be working alongside a renowned Charitable group with private entities who are in search of a Trainee Accounts Assistant. This is an opportunity to gain 1st class training and support and develop in a fantastic career in a thriving business. This is an ideal opportunity for a school leaver or graduate to gain experience in a career in accounts.
- Competitive salary
- Training package with career progression
- Immediate start available
- Company events
- Hybrid working after probationary period
- Study Support (IATI/CIMA/ACCA)
The Trainee Accounts Assistant will report to the Commercial Director and the Financial Director. As a Trainee Accounts Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining and updating the sales ledger
- Managing the purchase ledger
- Bank reconciliations and credit card statements
- Assisting the finance function with various tasks;
- Variance reports and preparation of budgets
- Preparing statutory accounts
- Reports for management accounts
- Preparation for Audit
- Preparing reports for Committee and Board meetings
- Maintaining the customer database, dealing with queries.
- Supporting the finance team with administrative assistance.
The Ideal Candidate
As a Trainee Accounts Assistant, you must have a high level of accuracy and must be self-motivated. The ideal candidate should meet the following criteria:
- At least 5 GCSE's with at least Grade B in Maths and grade C in English
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Good Excel skills
- Ability to work to meet deadlines and maintain a strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with both team members and senior stake holders
- Ability to withstand a busy commercial environment
- Working effectively and contributing in a team environment as well as working on their own initiative
- Complying with GDPR guidelines and maintaining confidentiality with regards to the business
- One or more years' experience of working within a finance function, but not essential.
The successful applicant will get tremendous support and gain exposure to a vast market. The in-house learning opportunities are next to none, with fantastic career progression opportunities.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accounting and Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chanel Gillen in the strictest confidence.