THE CLIENT - Test Automation Engineer
VANRATH are recruiting for a Test Automation Engineer for a 12 month day rate contract. The Test Automation Engineer will work on quality engineering projects using available frameworks and tools and establishing plans for projects with on-time and on-budget project goals
- Works on multiple phases of a project and/or multiple small projects of moderate scope
- Takes responsibility for an area and conditions, as well as results evaluation, problem resolution and planning.
- Selects appropriate standards, methods, tools and applications for project use.
- Applies data analysis and data modelling techniques to modify or maintain a data structure and its associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Creates and executes basic non-functional test scripts following a given set of guidelines and sets up test environments, data and monitors.
- Designs, codes, tests and documents simple programs or scripts and assists in the implementation of software which forms part of a properly engineered system.
THE IDEAL PERSON
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Foundation
- Experience and knowledge in any of the performance testing, data and test automation tools such as HP Performance Center/ LoadRunner, HP UFT /QTP, HP Service Test, Service Virtualize, SoapUI, CA LISA, CA GridTools Data Maker/ DataManager, JMeter, Neoload, Selenium, IBM Rational Integration Tester, Rational Robot, Borland SilkTest, TOSCA, Atlassian Jira, Jenkins, Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin etc.
- Programming knowledge (ideally VB, Java, C#) and technical expertise in script languages (Shell, Perl, etc.).
- Good knowledge on Cloud concepts and virtualisation.
£400 - £450 a day
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT jobs in Belfast, please apply via the link below or contact Orla Fitzsimons in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…