Temporary Finance Business Partner - Lisburn - c.£40-45k
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a Finance Business Partner to join a reputable public sector organisation in Lisburn. This role is initially a contract opportunity for 6 months and is likely to lead to an extension for a top performer, given the positive growth within the wider finance department. Working as part of a busy finance team, you will have an opportunity to undertake an enjoyable and challenging assignment which will, at the very least, strengthen the CV for future contract and permanent roles at the qualified level.
- Take responsibility for the financial management of the extensive 5 year Capital Development Plan, to include the provision of a suite of dynamic financial management reports to the Capital Projects Group on a regular basis.
- Assume responsibility for all monthly, quarterly and annual capital accounting procedures. This will include monitoring of expenditure together with variance analysis, monitoring and management of capital receipts against agreed timescales from external funders together with processes to inform statutory reporting.
- To prepare detailed annual budgets on a "total economy basis" and ensure that these are regularly reviewed and updated and that they accurately reflect the underlying level of costs within the context of the broader Strategy.
- To prepare accurate in-year estimates, which are representative of trends, to pre-defined deadlines. These estimates are consolidated into the Corporate estimates which are presented to the Executive Board and Planning and Finance Committee.
- To review monthly performance against budget/estimate and provide detailed analysis and commentary on Professional Services performance highlighting positive and negative trends on a quarterly and year to date basis to predefined deadlines.
- Assist the production of monthly management accounts and development of timely and accurate corporate information including production of Financial Forecasts (5 year financial strategy) and Estimates (current and one year ahead) and Corporate Financial Report (in year).
- Qualified Accountant with extensive (3 yrs+) relevant Finance experience in a Finance Business Partnering role
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders regarding finance processes, guidelines and compliance's (although a good QBE will also be considered).
- Demonstrated expertise in IT systems and strong level of operational efficiency and accounting acumen
- Reduced notice period is preferred to facilitate a quick turnaround
c.£45k (neg dep on experience)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Interim Accountancy role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below.