Temporary Finance Business Partner - Lisburn - c.£40-45k
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting for a Finance Business Partner for public sector body based in Lisburn. This role will commence immediately on a contract basis and is likely to lead to an extension for a top performer, given the positive growth within the wider finance department. It will provide an enjoyable and challenging assignment for the successful candidate which will, at the very least, strengthen the CV for future contract and permanent roles at the qualified level.
- Take responsibility for the financial management of the extensive 5 year Capital Development Plan, to include the provision of a suite of dynamic financial management reports to the Capital Projects Group on a regular basis.
- Assume responsibility for all monthly, quarterly and annual capital accounting procedures. This will include monitoring of expenditure together with variance analysis, monitoring and management of capital receipts against agreed timescales from external funders together with processes to inform statutory reporting.
- To prepare detailed annual budgets on a "total economy basis" and ensure that these are regularly reviewed and updated and that they accurately reflect the underlying level of costs within the context of the broader Strategy.
- To prepare accurate in-year estimates, which are representative of trends, to pre-defined deadlines. These estimates are consolidated into the Corporate estimates which are presented to the Executive Board and Planning and Finance Committee.
- To review monthly performance against budget/estimate and provide detailed analysis and commentary on Professional Services performance highlighting positive and negative trends on a quarterly and year to date basis to predefined deadlines.
- Assist the production of monthly management accounts and development of timely and accurate corporate information including production of Financial Forecasts (5 year financial strategy) and Estimates (current and one year ahead) and Corporate Financial Report (in year).
- Undertake year end procedures required for the production of statutory financial accounts, to include the maintenance of a Fixed Asset register.
- Take responsibility for the accounting and reporting arrangements for projects funded from capital grants, ensuring the requirements of external funders are met. This will include the provision of project life profiles, the submission of monthly grant claims together with the production of quarterly, annual and final reports together with Post Project Evaluations (PPEs).
- Play a lead role in the preparation and production of economic appraisals to Green Book standards in accordance with the requirements of major external capital grant funders.
- Assist fully in the development of capital reporting arrangements as required. In particular to assist with developing a fully tested suite of reports to inform both internal and external reporting.
- Provide financial data to support the work of relevant Capital Committees and Working Groups e.g. Capital Projects Group, Project Steering Groups and Working Groups
- Qualified Accountant with extensive (3 yrs+) relevant Finance experience in a Finance Business Partnering role
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders regarding finance processes, guidelines and compliances
- Demonstrated expertise in IT systems and strong level of operational efficiency and accounting acumen
- Reduced notice period is preferred to facilitate a quick turnaround
c.£45k (neg dep on experience)
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Senior Interim Accountancy role in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence.