VANRATH are assisting a UK and Ireland leader in baked goods, in their search for a Technical Systems Manager - Food Science based in Magherafelt.
The successful candidate will work as part of the technical team to ensure the company produces safe, legal, and high-quality products for its customers. The successful post-holder will report directly into the Head of Technical.
- Flexible Salary depending on experience
- Pension plan
- Free onsite parking
- Company healthcare cash plan
- Company rewards
- Food or Science related Degree qualification, or equivalent
- 1-3 years' experience in Management role within a similar industry
- Strong working knowledge of HACCP, BRC, retailer codes of practice and food legislation (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint and/or other presentation platform skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- All technical aspects of raw material supplier approval including food safety risk assessments, integrity and segregation risk assessments, acceptance testing for raw materials and associated procedures.
- Supplier auditing and inspection.
- Raw material sustainability reporting and associated audits.
- Technical aspects of movement of goods to EU in line with Brexit requirements.
- Critical path management, customer specifications and artwork.
- To ensure food safety, Integrity and quality objectives are always met.
- To work closely with suppliers on raw material quality, Integrity, food safety and legality.
- To ensure all raw materials meet the standards set out by customers in specific codes of practice.
- To work closely with retailers on critical paths, regulatory requirements, and raw material queries.
- To work closely with the production management team to ensure timescales for projects are in line with production requirements.
- Facilitate NPD/Process Development during innovation, design and launch of new products.
- Robustly investigate complaints and report findings related to raw materials and packaging.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Science roles in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath for a confidential chat.
Check out some of your candidate feedback-
''I would highly recommend Vanrath. Very friendly and helpful staff. They very informative and kept me up to date throughout the interview process and answered any questions I had.''
''I was contacted by VANRATH in regards to a job I had applied for. They were extremely helpful and gave me a number of positions to apply for. They had interviews set up in a number of hours and I secured a position within days. They kept we well informed throughout the process and has continued to touch base after I have started my new role. Couldn't recommend enough.''
''The team at VANRATH were extremely helpful in helping me find my new role. They kept me up to date on my application and provided excellent advice throughout the interview process. Overall the process could not have gone smoother or any quicker and I would definitely recommend reaching out to them if you are on the lookout for a new role.''