VANRATH are excited to assist our client on a continued period of growth, as they look for a Technical Software Development Manager to come in and take full control of software operations within the business. Strong demonstratable experience of directing and managing software teams (4+ years) is essential, hold full in-depth knowledge of software languages used in house, within an Agile environment and have a passion for engineering.
With funding already secured, requirements and roadmaps already written and the opportunity to work across various sectors on a global scale, this is an excellent opportunity for a talented engineering manager to join an already very well organised company with huge aspirations.
The Ideal Person
- 2.1/1.1 in relative technical field (Computer Science, Software Engineering etc.)
- At least 4 years' experience managing/directing technical software teams
- Previously a Senior Engineer - developing complex solutions
- A solid breadth of knowledge in various software languages/frameworks/platforms such as Java, APIs, GCP
- Architecture knowledge and proven experience of being fully involved in architecture processes
- Experience in full circle delivery of technical projects
- Comfortable and able to adapt to a range of technologies
As one of the most desirable Software Manager/Director roles in Northern Ireland, and extensive benefits package is on offer including:
- Competitive Salary - £65,000-£70,000+
- Bonus: 10-15%
- Company Pension
- Health Insurance + Life Assurance
- Share options
- Hybrid/Remote working options
- 28 days annual leave + statutory
Our client are very much an employee focused company. Working together to achieve highly is something that they have always stood by, and it works. Specialising in a variation of sectors including Telecoms, Networking, Infrastructure and big plans to break into the United States having already conquered their European Market plans - IoT Solutions may be their current primary focus, but only scratches the surface of what their plans are for the future.
- Collaboration with cross function teams to deliver complex software builds
- Become fully involved in ongoing developments and provide regular reviews on performance and strategy
- Collaboration with various engineering teams to define requirements
- Security experience is essential - driving the likes of Dev(Sec)Ops, CI/CD etc.
- Full lifecycle project performance
- Contribution to tenders/proposals & budgeting
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Engineering Manager role in Belfast, please apply via the link below or contact Sean Doherty in the strictest confidence.
I very much enjoyed my experience with VANRATH. Sean Doherty was great to work with, very friendly and efficient, he streamlined everything for me so I had the least amount of stress as I went in for interviews. Looking forward to starting in my new role, thanks Sean!"
"My experience with Vanrath recruiters has been very pleasant, huge thank you to Sean Doherty, a master of his craft. Throughout the recruitment process, Sean has been very reliable and proactive and a great representative of the company. 10/10 would recommend this professional service."