VANRATH have partnered up with a global, billion dollar turnover technology company as they continue on an exciting period of rapid growth, with a major part of this growth focussing on building out an office here in Belfast. Building a system that is able to locate top lawyers for every kind of case by various legal teams through data visualisation & machine learning is a huge part of this effort, and in bridging the gap there is an immediate requirement for a Product Manager with a strong technical background to join the team.
Whilst not a law firm, this companies success on the global stage has come from building a platform that is able to manage a diverse network of legal professionals globally, that are then able to be matched to specific cases suited to their track record & experience.
They have decided that now is the time to focus heavily on an automated version of their success through data science, which is viewed upon as the key to driving the business forward. This role would be best suited to a Product Manager with solid experience in a technical, data related field.
Competitive Salary - up to £90,000
Lucrative benefits package
Brand new City Centre office
Flexible working hours supported
Healthcare, Dental & Optical Insurance (+ family)
30 days annual leave
Enhanced parental leave
What you'll do
The Technical Product Manager will be a major link between technical leads and data science teams responsible for the evolution and delivery of the product:
* Provide the engineering teams with the business context for the product they are building, using these objectives to guide goals for the product
* Collaborate with engineering teams to build robust, reliable and scalable experiences
* Drive an agile software development process incorporating UX, software engineering, and cross-company stakeholders to deliver a clear product roadmap.
* Define product requirements, including the articulation of very clear and detailed user stories for complex features and product sets
* Work very closely with development and QA organizations to ensure technical specifications and the final product meet business requirements
* Partner with business operations and analytics team to build appropriate monitoring capabilities and metrics to monitor the health of the platform and facilitate data driven decision making
* Work with sales and support teams to identify pilot customers, and work with them to gain and use feedback throughout the product development lifecycle
* Ensure product vision and requirements are designed with long-term vision in mind and can be launched globally with minimal tweaks.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of experience interfacing with a data science team
- 2+ years of managing releases of machine learning concepts into consumer or business facing applications
- Experience communicating complex technical concepts to a diverse range of audiences
- Experience writing product requirements and leading technical discovery
- Strong relationship-building and stakeholder-management skills
- High technical acumen and ability to communicate effectively with a variety of technical stakeholders
- Self-starter with strong sense of ownership, drive for results, and problem solving skills
If you are an experienced Product Manager looking for a move into a more strategic position & a new challenge, at a secure, globally established company, please feel free to reach out to me directly for a no obligations chat.
Some of my recent testimonials:
"Exceptionally good experience with VANRATH. Sean worked with me throughout the entire process of sourcing a position tailored to my interests and previous experience. I would highly recommend the company to anyone interested in a new position."
"Sean contacted me through LinkedIn and promptly set me up with an interview for a job very suited to my degree, which I now have confirmed! He was very straightforward with the specifics of the job (Pay, expectations, benefits etc.) and kept close contact with both the job employers and myself."