Technical Officer (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Technical Officer for 3 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Belfast site.
- To carry out a technical assessment of properties for which a grant application has been received, and prepare a costed schedule of works specifying items to be grant aided in accordance with PSIS Technical guidance, including completion of a Health and Safety file.
- To prepare a standard solution and scheme design to meet the requirements of the Occupational Therapists recommendation for internal works required under Disabled Facilities Grants.
- To consider the most satisfactory course of action in determining the type of grant and works to be carried out for all mandatory, discretionary and energy efficiency grants.
- Ensure that plans submitted in support of individual applications meet the technical requirements of the scheme.
- To cost individual applications using the approved Schedule of Rates and in compliance with the PSIS costing policy.
- Inspect to ensure works are completed to a satisfactory standard and to the NIHE specification, and recommend payment.
- To ensure proper governance is applied in all technical decisions.
- To engage with a range of customers and partners including grant applicants, contractors, statutory bodies and NIHE colleagues.
- Possess a degree level qualification in Building Studies, a relevant Mechanical and Electrical discipline or equivalent professional / technical qualification, plus demonstrate at least 2 years' relevant experience in Building Construction / Surveying.
- Possess a relevant BTEC Higher Certificate/Diploma or equivalent qualification in Building Studies or a relevant Mechanical and Electrical, plus demonstrate 3 years' relevant post qualification experience.
- Can demonstrate equivalent continuing professional development / experiential learning and demonstrate at least 4 years working within a Building Construction / Surveying.
Hourly rate ranges from £11.39 - £16.60, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.