VANRATH are assisting a UK and Ireland leader in baked goods, in their search for a Technical Manager based in Magherafelt.
The successful candidate will work as part of the technical team to ensure the company produces safe, legal, and high-quality products for its customers. Drive the business's strategy and objectives to ensure continuous improvement.
- Flexible Salary
- Pension plan
- Free onsite parking
- Company healthcare cash plan
- Company rewards
- Food or Science related Degree qualification, or equivalent
- 1-3 years' experience in Management role within a similar industry
- Strong working knowledge of HACCP, BRC, retailer codes of practice and food legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excel, Word and PowerPoint and/or other presentation platform skills
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organisational skills, and the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- All technical aspects of raw material supplier approval including food safety risk assessments, integrity and segregation risk assessments, acceptance testing for raw materials and associated procedures.
- Supplier auditing and inspection.
- Raw material sustainability reporting and associated audits.
- Technical aspects of movement of goods to EU in line with Brexit requirements.
- Critical path management, customer specifications and artwork.
- To ensure food safety, Integrity and quality objectives are always met.
- To work closely with suppliers on raw material quality, Integrity, food safety and legality.
- To ensure all raw materials meet the standards set out by customers in specific codes of practice.
- To work closely with retailers on critical paths, regulatory requirements, and raw material queries.
- To work closely with the production management team to ensure timescales for projects are in line with production requirements.
- Facilitate NPD/Process Development during innovation, design and launch of new products.
- Robustly investigate complaints and report findings related to raw materials and packaging.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Science roles in Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McGrath for a confidential chat.
Some feedback from recent VANRATH candidates-
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''