Technical Inspector (Public Sector)
VANRATH are assisting our client, a large Public Sector Organisation, in their search for an Technical Inspector for 3 months initially with the possibility of extension. You will predominantly be based in their Belfast site.
- To deliver an annual Inspection program for the Response Maintenance and Planned Scheme contracts, and adhoc healthcheck reviews of Asset Management processes, as identified by the Technical Inspection Manager throughout Northern Ireland.
- To provide assurance to the Client that delivery of schemes and response maintenance works are managed in accordance with contract conditions and Company policy and procedures.
- To organise samples for the inspections, and undertake preliminary meetings with the Management Teams for the area to be assessed, in preparation for the technical inspection.
- To carry out onsite inspections of works completed through Company contracts, and desk top assessment of paperwork associated with the completed work and Company contract management procedures, following an agreed methodology.
- To present inspections findings in a comprehensive report that will accurately reflect the findings on site; initially for discussion with operational staff and then in a form for presentation to Company senior management and committees.
- To organise and attend exit meetings with operational staff to present and communicate findings and provide logical and constructive recommendations to address issues identified during the inspection.
- To liaise with key staff in Asset Management and Housing Services in relation to establishing an improvement plan to address areas of non- compliance.
- To ensure best practice is identified and that value for money is achieved in the delivery of planned schemes and response maintenance contracts.
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree, or an equivalent level 6 qualification, in Architecture/Building Surveying or a relevant Building related discipline, plus at least 2 years' experience working in a Building / Construction related environment
- Possess a BTEC Higher Certificate/Diploma or equivalent in a relevant Building related discipline plus at least 3 years' experience working in a Building / Construction related environment
- Can demonstrate equivalent continuing professional development or experiential learning and least 5 years' experience working in a Building / Construction related environment
- Candidates must possess a current driving licence or have access to a form of transport that enables them to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Must demonstrate relevant experience in all of the specific areas set out below:
- Significant knowledge of Construction legislation and statutory regulations, building standards, specification, details and related documentation in a housing environment
- Carrying out construction site inspections to evaluate compliance with building regulations and any other prescribed technical standards
- Working knowledge of NEC 3 Contracts and assessing whether contracts have been managed and delivered in line with the contract conditions
- Communicating complex issues to senior management and key stakeholders, both verbally and in detailed written reports
- Evidence of an ability to resolve complex problems or disputes, making sound judgements or decisions to exacting time deadlines
Salary ranges from £28,227 - £36,370, plus discount benefits.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.