Tech Lead - Embedded Software team - salary £70-85k+ benefits.
VANRATH is proud to be partnering with our client a high-growth UK cyber security start-up in the search for a Tech Lead in our clients Embedded Software team.
With a recent multi-million pound investment , local and national exposure they are in a very exciting period of growth.
They have also developed some first-class partnerships with both government and academic bodies.
In this team you will get exposure to some extremely innovative and exciting world class projects.
They are working on ground-breaking solutions for cyber risks in connected technology, Automotive, Industry 4.0 & IoT!
They operate at the intersection of real-time computing, high-performance technologies and cybersecurity within connected vehicles, Industry 4.0, smart cities and IoT devices.
Our client is focused on the security of critical machine-to-machine (M2M) communications particularly across Smart Cities and Smart Mobility. Their ground-breaking, quantum-safe solutions offer device identity protection, communication integrity and data provenance by creating trusted connections, even over untrustworthy networks.
As They continue to create breakthroughs at the forefront of technology, they are looking for a Technical Lead - Embedded Software to join some of the industry's brightest minds dedicated to developing hardware and software authentication and encryption solutions. As Technical Lead you will lead and manage the Embedded Software team and report directly to the CTO.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with various stakeholders and be involved in multiple strands across the business. This role offers the opportunity for significant professional development in a fast-paced industry, and would be ideal for an experienced professional looking to advance their career as a Technical Lead in a fast-scaling start-up.
You will also have the rare opportunity to work on projects with cryptography, quantum safe computing and a vast range of technology, from autonomous vehicles to drones. With the predicted rise of connected technology, the opportunities are endless!
What you will do:
- Lead and manage the Embedded Software team, including scaling out the team and building future teams
- Create and manage the development of our clients embedded software architecture and design
- Managerial activities, including but not limited to: daily stand-ups, feedback and performance reviews, team development, and recruitment
- Lead and manage the embedded software design and development to a production ready level
- Manage and approve our clients software logical and functional specifications and design documents
- Liaise with the CTO and other technical leads on the embedded software roadmap and the product roadmap
- Create and manage the development of the embedded software technology roadmap
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to determine embedded software requirements and deliver high-quality technical analysis, reports, and presentations
- Regularly report to the CTO on the embbeded software unit performance, roadmap progress and the unit future needs
- Liaise and agree with the CTO on the annual budget for the embedded software unit
- Work with the product and engineering team on developing and managing Product Lifecycle (PLM) and cost modelling
- Lead and manage the various stages in the accreditation of our clients security solutions by national and international standards and government bodies
- Collaborate with the CTO and other technical leads in developing future security products and solutions
- Provide guidance and technical mentorship to the engineering team
- Advise on technical challenges and issues to the product team, senior management and technical leads
- Attend and deliver talks at industry events
- 12+ years of practical Embedded Software experience
- Strong and demonstrable experience in developing embedded systems solutions and embedded Linux-based systems
- Strong knowledge and experience programming using C++ and/or Rust
- Solid experience of software development and architectural design
- Demonstrable experience as a Technical Lead and managing a diverse team of software engineers
- Degree in software engineering, computer science or electronic engineering
- Experience working with Cortex and x86 based hardware and relevant compilers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to present and communicate complex technical concepts and information to peers and senior management
Nice to haves:
- A Masters or doctoral degree in electronic engineering, computer science or a related discipline
- Experience programming in C or Python
- Knowledge of cyber security
- Relevant experience in any of the following areas:
o Unmanned aerial systems
o Autonomous vehicles
o Telecoms, particularly 4G
Sensible working hours and working with some of the best engineers in Belfast. Salary is market leading and the package includes pension, death in service, critical illness cover and private medical insurance/shares.
- Why should you apply?
- Excellent growth and career development opportunities with almost unlimited potential for personal and professional growth
- Exciting, dynamic and vibrant work environment, with an opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing start-up with an international outlook
- A chance to work on some of the most interesting problems in connected technology, IoT, Industry 4.0, Autonomous Vehicles and Quantum technologies.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Phil Gamble in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…