Systems Administrator (remote first)
VANRATH are once again working with a leading Global Payments based remotely in hiring at Systems Administrator (remote first).The company has really grown its NI presence over the last couple of years and is going from strength to strength building a great work/life balance culture and a remote first working environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities for the System Administrator:
- Provide support, maintenance, and configuration for both internal and external customer-facing production systems, such as web and software servers.
- Be part of the Projects team
- Manage monitoring for critical and customer-facing systems.
- Assist with Azure migrations
The Ideal Person:
· Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of relevant experience in Windows/Linux/Cloud environments.
· Commitment to achieving 100% uptime.
· Deep technical expertise and hands-on with Windows Server administration, Linux, Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, DHCP, DNS, DFSR, etc.
· Strong knowledge and experience with data center Hyper-V or VMWare/ESXi virtualization technologies.
· Experience with Azure
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects.
· Ability to effectively prioritize, research problems, document, execute, and manage tasks within a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
· Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented.
· Ability to work on a team and independently.
Salary for the role is flexible depending on levels of experience but would be between 40-50k depending on experienc,
To find out more information on the role advertised, please send in your CV via the link below.
I have been recruiting for VANRATH for over 3 years and have specialized in the DevOps/Infrastructure/Security side of things. I like to get to know the candidates and the clients and help match them to their ideal role and really create a partnership from both sides. These 3 areas are rapidly growing through the IT industry where I have great knowledge and experience and so whether you are at the start of your career looking to get into an exciting company or at experienced hire looking to progress your career I can help you find that next step.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
"Highly recommend VANRATH for your search in a new job. Matthew was fantastic from start to finish. You can tell he genuinely cares about his clients. He is very knowledgeable about each role and in particular he was great at providing regular updates with various arising situations. Thank you again!. "
"I am a nightmare for external recruiters. There are 3 of about 60 that have ever met my standard. VANRATH exceeded my expectations through the person of Matthew Evers. As a US manager hiring in Belfast for the first time, I needed some hand holding. At the same time I needed a recruiter who did not waste my time selling me candidates. I needed a recruiter who took the time to understand what I was looking for, what my team valued and then be diligent in finding those sorts of candidates. Over 60% of the resumes submitted to me went to screen (it's usually %5). Of the screens more than 80% went to the project portion of the interview. (usually its about 50%).Matthew asked many thoughtful and pointed questions up front and clearly built a profile to be executed upon. Beyond that he was happy to help me understand the Irish market and norms. I personally recommend this team with no reservations. ".