- Job Reference: JSSPM020822
- Job Title: Strategic Project Manager
- Salary: £50k to £60k DOE
- Type: Permanent
- Location: Larne
Strategic Project Manager
Are you an experienced Project Manager with a strong technical knowledge of engineering and manufacturing? Interested in a senior role within a rapidly growing Engineering team?
VANRATH are recruiting a Strategic Project Manager to deliver infrastructure and plant projects through identifying and delivering capital investment programmes.
Our client is a leading manufacturer and distributor, with a rich heritage and history of providing limestone based products to both the construction and agriculture industries.
With a manufacturing operation based across 75 acres and 4 distribution centres, they have developed heir own range of products and brands and lead the market in innovation.
£50k to £60k dependant upon experience
31 days holiday (increase with length of service)
Private Medical Ensure
- Take responsibility for health, safety and well-being to deliver a safety-first culture
- Demonstrate resiliency and ambition to build and drive long term team and projects excellence
- Develop and report concise data driven metrics to inform priorities and action plans
- Bring a Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) based mindset and culture to deliver high quality solutions
- Demonstrate a change instigator mindset to lead our Continuous Improvement (CI) and change culture
- Have the ability and confidence to make pragmatic decisions using knowledge, experience and judgement
- Create an environment where investments are implemented and delivered to achieve return on investment taking account of long-term sustainability
- Partner with the Maintenance team to optimise learnings and cross team collaboration for new projects
- As part of a team, develop options and solutions to maximise plant capacity, efficiency and provide a robust and controlled engineering projects facility in line with business objectives and targets
- Ensure a formal and structured approach for project delivery including budget adherence and demonstrate use of post project review to ensure business benefits are realised and lessons are part of the team CI agenda
- Provide leadership to a team of Project Engineers to create a performance culture including coaching and mentoring, developing depth of technical skills and delivery execution best practice
- Ensure the projects function provides an excellent level of service and support to all internal customers
The Ideal Person:
- A third level qualification, or equivalent in Structural, Chemical, Mechanical, Mechatronic or a related Engineering discipline
- Minimum 3 years experience as a project lead
- Experience in Manufacturing environment
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Joe Sowerby for a confidential discussion on 028 9033 0250