- Job Reference: RASP091123
- Job Title: Stores Person
- Salary: £23,000 - £24,000 + package
- Location: Newry, Northern Ireland
Are you looking for a Stores Person role? Interested in working for a leading Building Contractor that specialise in Social Housing Maintenance?
VANRATH are recruiting a Stores Person to work for a leading Building Contractor that specialise in Social Housing Maintenance.
£23,000 - £24,000 + package
Our client is a leading Building Contractor that specialise in Social Housing Maintenance contracts, delivering planned and responsive maintenance projects throughout Northern Ireland. The company have a great reputation for providing a fully committed and quality focused service.
Responsible for providing efficient and effective materials handling and stores processing and stock ordering by controlling stock levels to ensure timely, accurate management of all material transactions.
The role involves liaising with the Purchasing Department to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained and that all purchased items are ordered and distributed through the correct procedures.
Success in the role is to contribute to ensuring all materials, plant and equipment are available and on time for all contract works in line with internal targets.
There should be strong & transparent communication with the Operations Manager, Line Managers and Tradespeople. This is a critical part of this role.
Key Activities / Responsibilities:
Stores & Material Management:
- Stock ordering, management and rotation; maintaining material items to ensure efficient stock levels in stores for required operations
- Sourcing and ordering of bespoke materials
- Taking delivery of all stock, ensuring accuracy of deliveries and delivery dockets and reporting all discrepancies and/or missing items and quality defects
- Ensure quality of materials ordered are fit for purpose and within client specification
- Daily material issuing to operatives and accurate recording of this distribution accordingly
- Goods receiving of all materials accurately & timely
- Assist the finance team in the resolution of invoicing and accounting issues
- Weekly & Monthly stock takes & reconciliation; ensuring accurate and timely reporting to Procurement & Accounts for commercial reporting
- Issue of company uniforms & PPE as required, including maintaining required stock
- Reducing the amount of "spot market" purchasing & assisting the strategic Procurement team with forecasting and prudent buying.
- Ensure a healthy, safe & well organised working environment, both in the internal stores areas and external yard.
- Reporting on materials issues and communicating with the operational teams to ensure projects are kept on target in line with requirements
- Management of all waste & scrap within the depot in compliance with company procedures and environmental regulations
- Hazardous waste notification and disposal
- Fully responsible for implementation, roll out and weekly management and replenishment of company van stocks
- Driving continuous improvement culture in the stores / yard area
- Maintain upkeep, tidiness and running order of stores and yard areas
The Ideal Person:
- Good written & verbal communication skills
- A valid UK Driver's Licence
- IT Skills & knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous experience in a Materials Management or Stores role
- Experience in the Construction Industry
- Forklift License
- Telehandler Licence
- Excellent communicator
- Influencing, negotiation and interpersonal communication
- Customer Service Standard
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to foster a team ethic with colleagues
- Ability to keep track of multiple tasks or projects & manage their own time effectively
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion
''I would highly recommend VANRATH who I found to be thoroughly helpful, informative and efficient from first point of contact. Within a week of sending my CV I had interviewed and received an offer for a new role''
''Very pleased with the service provided and extremely appreciative to VANRATH, who I'd highly recommend.''
''VANRATH was very helpful in assisting me in obtaining my new employment post. They made care to stay in touch, inform me of any updates and gave me some excellent interview advice. Thank you for all your assistance; I wouldn't think twice about using VANRATH again. Outstanding service.''