Excellent opportunity to join an already impressive team. A potential career maker for a talented engineer. Feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIn for a confidential discussion
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you dream of an opportunity to be creative and have an impact on the lives of thousands of SMBs worldwide? If so… keep reading!
We're looking for a Staff Software Developer to join our B2B Network Team. As a leading technical member of this team, you will be responsible for designing simplified solutions that will change how our customers do business.
This client are dedicated to bringing cities and communities to life by powering SMBs. More specifically, we are a team of 6 people located across Northern Ireland and Canada, who are working together to make product procurement more accessible for SMBs. Please join us in building up our communities!
What are you going to do?
- Work closely with the B2B Network Product Team to rapidly iterate on features
- Participate in code reviews, peer support and architecture
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies to ensure we are always using the best practices
- Grow as a developer through peer mentorship and collaboration
What do you need to bring?
We're looking for a Senior/Staff Software Developer who has experience with the following:
- Significant experience developing user facing applications
- Experience writing automated unit and functional tests
- Excellent communication skills
- Either experience in, or an interest in working with node.js, golang, and react.js
- Have worked in an agile environment in the past
- Coaching and mentoring colleagues
We know that people are more than what's on their CV. If you're unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the 'Apply' button and give it a try!
What would be great to have?
- Experience working in Golang
- Experience working with node.js
- Experience in microservice architectures
- Experience with cloud environments like GCP, AWS, as well as container technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Experience with real time messaging systems (Pub/Sub, Kafka)
- Experience with both relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) datastores
- Practical understanding of HTML, CSS (SASS or equivalent)
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Experience building responsive websites
- Experience using JS libraries/tools such as React.js, Node.js
What's in it for you?
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that's creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
Enjoy a range of benefits that'll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Private Health Care
- Share scheme
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health and wellness benefit of £400 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license.