A recognisable Public Sector organisation based in Greater Belfast is recruiting a Staff Officer Accountant to join their team on an initial 6 month contract. Are you comfortable with the financial and management aspects of the accounting processes?
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience:
- Full holiday pay from day 1
- 6 month
- Opportunity to gain experience within public sector
- Joining a stable workforce
VANRATH are pleased to be recruiting a Staff Officer Accountant to join a recognisable public sector employer based in Greater Belfast. Are you a Qualified Accountant who is looking to gain experience within the public sector.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Staff Officer Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the production of the month end and year end accounts for the organisation. You will work with the wider finance team to ensure all work is completed in line with agreed month end schedule. This role would suit an individual with previous experience of working within the month end processes, including balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and accruals & prepayments.
To be considered for this role it is essential to be a fully qualified Accountant, ideally with 1+ years post-qualified experience. This is an urgent post for the organisation and interviews are taking place immediately.
The Ideal Person
If you've 1+ years' experience working in a similar level role and are comfortable with the month end accounting process;
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong reporting skills
- Ability to work productively and flexibly while meeting deadlines
- Strong work ethic and comfortable in a deadline driven industry
As a Staff Officer Accountant, you will:
- Prepare month end management accounts
- Assist with the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Produce high quality deliverables including working papers
- Budget and forecasting
- Ad hoc project work
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Dan Morgan in the strictest confidence.