VANRATH are recruiting a Band 6 SQL DBA for a Public Sector organisation based in Greater Belfast. This temporary data specialist role will run for an initial duration of six months and you will be reporting into senior staff. Working hours for this post are 37.5 per week Monday to Friday.
- Database reporting using query tools e.g. SQL, Business Objects, Crystal Reports to interrogate and manipulate complex databases/datasets.
- Providing meaningful information by analysing and interpreting complex statistical data and using appropriate presentation techniques.
- Designing/developing/managing database applications
- Interrogating and manipulating complex databases/datasets and their underlying structures
- Provision of quality information to a range of users;
- Provision of specialist advice in the use of information and information systems and in the analysis/interpretation of data;
- Best use and continual development of existing information systems;
- Best use of technology to streamline information extraction;
The Ideal Person:
- Proven experience of working with SQL management/monitoring tools (i.e. SQL Management Studio) and performance tuning.
Ability to demonstrate an understanding and operational knowledge of large Relational databases from an administrative perspective e.g. SQL instances, SQL security/permissions, error log monitoring, back up routines.
Ability to demonstrate knowledge and operational understanding of n-tier architecture.
Proof of working in a technical project environment and planning for new installations, upgrades, patches etc.
Ability to communicate with all levels of staff and external suppliers
Ability to manage competing demands on workload and prioritise accordingly
Operational knowledge and experience of backup and restore strategies.
Ability to work as part of a team in relation to application upgrades
Experience in VM management software (e.g. VMWare VSphere).
Experience with writing scripts e.g. Powershell
Experience in Transact-SQL(TSQL)
BAND 6 - £33,706pa + Holiday & Pension
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Agency Worker Assignment IT/PM jobs in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert Career Advice. The Latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…