Are you ready to come on board and help take this client's technical architecture to new heights?
Feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIn for a confidential discussion.
£100K - £115K - Unlimited Holiday - 100% Remote
- Private Medical Insurance for the employee
- 10-15% bonus
- Life Assurance (4x salary)
- Income Protection (75% of salary until state retirement age)
- Work From Home allowance (£60/month with £26 tax free per HMRC rules)
- One-time Home Office setup allowance (£500)
This client is developing the next generation of capabilities for its merchant-centric ecosystem. Their mission is to deliver value in a radical and responsible way. They know that motivated and empowered teams can achieve incredible results. They're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who value results above outputs, and they're searching for like-minded people to join us on our adventure.
What they can't get enough of:
- Small teams, big things: They'll communicate the objectives their merchants require, provide you the support and tools you need to succeed, and then let you work your magic without any unnecessary processes getting in the way.
- Develop, grow, and thrive: They encourage you to develop and flourish as an individual and as a team. They encourage you to think outside the box when solving challenges, to try new strategies, to learn from your peers, and to master your skill.
- Real people, real problems: They create solutions to address real-world issues that their merchants experience. Their members work together to create the right things in the right way. They're fascinated by how things function, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to more innovative and better products.
The person in charge is responsible of leading design and development activities for the Client's API, switch, and gateway platforms. The Architect is in charge of a nationwide payment processing network's infrastructure that offers real-time capabilities. This function is critical in aligning the architecture and technology vision with the company's strategic goal, creating awareness, and ensuring that the vision is implemented appropriately at all levels of the organisation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using a sound and pragmatic approach, assist in setting technical direction across the business.
- Assist with the upkeep of the formal architectural and technological roadmap.
- Identify architectural difficulties and lead the development of an enterprise strategy, making architectural decisions that affect the entire firm.
- Develop and document the enterprise architecture vision and strategy, as well as important approaches to broad architectural challenges affecting multiple business units.
- Contribute to the development of architecture principles, styles, policies, and standards; design architectural mechanisms to handle broad-scale issues (e.g., enterprise-wide system integration); and train feature teams to follow them.
- Create and maintain valuable and useable work documentation, and add to the company's body of knowledge on a regular basis.
- Ability to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses in an enterprise system, and effectively advocate for appropriate solutions to shortcomings.
- Participate in coding activities that are in support of design outcomes.
- Keep an eye on new technologies, technology applications, and methods to combine technologies into strategic opportunities. Contribute to the decision of whether to build or buy.
- Maintain the formal architecture and technology roadmap while translating business strategy into technical strategy.
- Develop a strategic network of alliances and ties with both internal and external groups; form coalitions to work on common goals; and communicate strategies that are meaningful to the engineering team.
- A bachelor's degree or relevant work experience is required.
- 10+ years of application and enterprise architecture experience
- 10+ years of software design and coding experience, with a focus on SaaS-based services and API platforms with external users.
- 10+ years of expertise with.NET, Java, or another programming language.
- Practical experience detecting and addressing performance and scalability issues in both web-based and database systems.
- Familiar with a wide range of complicated challenges and capable of coming up with workable answers or alternatives.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into solutions.
- Technical leader and coach who understands how new technologies can be used.
- Able to work at an abstract level and design abstractions that help to clarify and maintain system integrity across the company.
- Tolerant of high levels of ambiguity and skilled at resolving uncertainty and determining course. Willing to go backwards, look for multiple options, and experiment in order to validate ideas.
- Insightful, creative, investigative, innovative, and able to make technological leaps in order to find unique solutions.
- Have a knack for comprehending existing code and discovering chances to improve and integrate it.
- Ability to work effectively and comfortably with senior management.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, as well as a track record of dealing with stakeholders with a diverse set of technical capabilities.
- At ease working in a fast-paced atmosphere where the inherent obstacles are regularly addressed.