As an Engineering Manager, you will be in charge of driving the complete delivery process of features, guaranteeing timely and top-quality outcomes within this thriving software business. Your key responsibilities will include overseeing the delivery team, advocating for agile best practices, and fostering close collaboration with the product management team, architects, and technical leads to ensure a prioritised and well-defined backlog.
- Competitive salary: Up to £75,000
- 15% Bonus
- Hybrid Working
- Flexible Working
- 35 Days AL
- Up to 10% Pension Match
- Take ownership of the end-to-end delivery and timeline of features, overseeing design, development, and testing stages.
- Provide regular project health reports, identifying risks, issues, dependencies, and actively working to mitigate or remove impediments for the team.
- Serve as a Scrum Master, leading Agile methodology and Scrum practices on a day-to-day basis, facilitating all Scrum events.
- Collaborate closely with the product management team, architects, and technical leads to ensure a prioritised and well-defined backlog.
- Manage development and testing tasks within the Scrum team, ensuring smooth progress and efficient delivery.
- Mentor and coach team members to foster continuous skill development and motivation for delivering high-quality products.
- Contribute to the advancement and improvement of Agile practice, driving positive changes.
- Possess a deep understanding of the products on a technical level and proactively engage in technical discussions with relevant stakeholders to resolve complex technical issues.
- Must be technically aware (ideally previous experience as Software Engineer/Developer, Programmer or QA)
- Degree in a relative field with a minimum of 10+ years of experience in the IT industry.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex product deliveries for at least 4 years, with a proven track record of shipping software and meeting deadlines, either as a scrum master, project manager, or engineering manager.
- Substantial experience of 4+ years in working and delivering within an agile environment.
- Self-motivated and able to maintain focus despite distractions.
- Strong skills in planning and problem-solving, with the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and delivery teams.
- Proficient in refinement, story splitting, estimation, velocity, retrospection, and other scrum techniques.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other IT Project Manager job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Sean Doherty in the strictest confidence.
Some of my recent testimonials:
"I had a great experience working with Vanrath. Sean Doherty was great to work with and his communication and attentiveness was very helpful throughout the experience. Even after turning down a job offer attained through Vanrath, as I didn't feel it was the right career choice for me, Sean was great at insuring that the next vacancies he sent me where much more aligned with my interest. I would highly recommend using Vanrath."
"I very much enjoyed my experience with VANRATH. Sean Doherty was great to work with, very friendly and efficient, he streamlined everything for me, so I had the least amount of stress as I went in for interviews. Looking forward to starting in my new role, thanks Sean!"