Here is a super opportunity to move into the world of DevOps at scale without existing DevOps experience in this unique hybrid role.
Feel free to reach out to me directly on LinkedIn for a confidential discussion.
The chosen candidate will join the client's specialist Global DevOps Team in Belfast, where they will work in the Engineering and Execution division. This team places a major emphasis on the 'Dev' side of DevOps.
During the first year, selected candidates should anticipate to spend 50% of their time working with Google and Google Cloud technologies, including Chef, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, and Jenkins, to name a few.
For our exchange and clearing company, this team also provides vital technical assistance for a number of critical trading and post-trade solutions, assuring the stability and scalability of our applications.
We're searching for a developer that can contribute to various apps by developing features and fixes, deploying automated solutions, and providing application support, largely using core Java abilities, with NodeJS, C#, and Python also being advantageous.
Our agile approach to technology delivery relies heavily on internal mobility and adaptability. Throughout their career, the chosen applicant will play a critical role in advancing our technological success, with opportunity to work on a variety of projects and technologies outside of their initial team and specialisation.
- Excellent training and mentoring provided including Java & GCP Certifications
- Gain visibility across a wide range of applications and parts of the business
- Work with a wide range of tools and technologies to support production systems
- Work with a supportive and collaborative team
- Problem/Incident Identification Analysis - root cause and effects pertaining to issue analysis.
- While working, considers the value of industry standards/best practises.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of database SQL, including database modelling and tuning.
- Demonstrates a basic command of the English language; writes application modules and unit tests under supervision.
- Assists with code optimisation based on duties given. Participates in code reviews and assists with environment build deployments; fixes defects and issues raised by others and discovers original bugs.
Salary is competitive
- 15% bonus
- 20% pension
- Unlimited access to GCP certifications & training
- 25 days holiday allowance + NI Holidays
- Private medical/Dental cover
- Gym Membership
- Enhanced Salary sacrifice scheme