VANRATH are assisting a multinational law firm with the recruitment of a Software Asset Management Specialist (18 Month FTC)
Software Asset Management ("SAM") is a subset of IT Asset Management ("ITAM") and the Software Asset Specialist will work with the Software Asset Manager to introduce a set of business practices for IT Assets across the firm. This will involve joining, inventory, contractual, financial and risk management responsibilities to manage the overall lifecycle of the assets, including tactical and strategic decision-making.
As a Software Asset Specialist, your primary responsibility will be to assist with the management of the firm's software portfolio and key third party suppliers, collaborating with internal teams/stakeholders such as Procurement, In-House Legal, Product Owners and Senior Stakeholders across the firm, contributing as a SAM expert. You will work in consultation with the Software Asset Manager to develop and implement the SAM strategy and processes necessary for the effective management, control and protection of software assets throughout all stages of the lifecycle.
This is a Fixed Term Contract of 18 Months. Initially this role will be working from home based.
£38,000 - £47,000 + Additional Excellent Benefits from a major Multinational Firm (Industry leading benefits)
- Contribute to the SAM strategy and governance processes to make process efficiencies whilst ensuring the level of risk and exposure is minimised.
- Be a key liaison point between IT and key third party software suppliers with the ability to hold complex licence discussions with vendors and key stakeholders.
- Ensure that licences are optimised maximising the value of existing investments, whilst identifying and mitigating risks and making informed decisions about new purchases.
- Assist with vendor audits in line with the firms audit processes whilst managing stakeholders and communications to mitigate any risks in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular internal audits of the software estate to generate Effective License Positions ("ELPs") to assist with contract renewals, negotiations, optimisation and audits.
- Have a thorough understanding of complex licence models across Enterprise vendors, assess the wider licensing impact to the firm's estate in line with the vendor and the firm's strategy.
- Apply knowledge of software licensing terms and the ability to work with Procurement and In-House Legal teams to amend agreements and contracts to improve the firm's contractual position.
- Interpret vendor licence models, assessing the impact of the wider licence implications on the negotiation of optimal deals.
- Assist with the collection and maintenance of inventory data from multiple sources including the SAM tool, SCCM, CMDB, Active Directory, Vendor Portals, PO's, Invoices, Emails and a variety of data sets, to manage assets throughout their lifecycle.
- Maintain the integrity of data in the SAM tool by ensuring deployment and entitlement information is recorded accurately and that complex licensing metrics are reflected appropriately.
- Proactively engage with projects ensuring the most efficient licensing model is in place.
- Work closely with the Service Desk to educate in relation to SAM processes and governance, developing / maintaining workflow approvals for the automation of software requests for the firm.
- Comprehensive understanding of data analysis principles and processes, collating information from various sources.
- Minimum 2/3 years practical experience of software licensing or software asset management within a complex IT environment.
- Experience working within the professional services sector with an appreciation of the demands placed on support teams by the business.
- Proven experience conducting detailed data analysis
- Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) - desirable
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary contract IT/PM job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Peter Brittain in the strictest confidence.