Software Architect (Fintech/Payments) 100% remote role
Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a fast growing US FDI
Our client is simply unique - They're well-funded, have an awesome team, marketing leading products & a great product-market fit. They also have all the benefits you'd expect from a well funded US tech champion.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in our clients exciting growth story as they continue to build the next generation of capabilities in the payment processing space. With a team of around 180 across NI and the UK now is a great time to come on board.
A bit about our client:
Our client drives commerce for businesses with anytime, anywhere payment solutions, delivering exceptional integrated payment technology and serves to meet the diverse and specialised requirements of merchant providers. Headquartered in Chicago and founded in 2003, our client have serviced over 30,000 clients and have processed over $10 billion in annual card volume. Here you will be joining a team of industry leaders with over 200 years of payments industry experience who believe in outcomes over outputs, looking for curious, driven and pragmatic individuals to continue and drive forward their vision as trusted advisers and recognised experts in payments.
Assist in establishing technical direction across the organization with a sound and pragmatic approach.
Contribute to the maintenance of formal architecture and technology roadmap.
Identify architectural challenges and lead the creation of a strategy for the enterprise, making architectural decisions that have an impact across the company.
Prepare and document the enterprise architecture vision and strategy as well as critical approaches to broad architectural concerns affecting various areas of the company.
Participate in the definition of architecture principles, styles, policies, and standards; create architectural mechanisms to address concerns that have a broad impact (e.g., system integration across the enterprise); coach feature teams to follow them.
Produce and maintain useful and usable documentation of work, and regularly contribute to the general Engineering body of knowledge.
Ability to pinpoint strengths and weaknesses in an enterprise system, and effectively advocate for appropriate solutions to shortcomings.
Participate in coding activities that are in support of design outcomes.
Monitor new technologies, applications of technology, or ways to synthesize technologies into strategic opportunities. Contribute to build vs. buy decisions.
Translate corporate strategy into technical strategy, while maintaining the formal architecture and technology roadmap.
Build a strategic network of partnerships and relationships with inside and outside groups; build coalitions to work on shared desired outcomes.
Communicate strategies in terms that are meaningful to the engineering group.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in application and enterprise architecture.
- 10+ years of software design and coding experience, with emphasis on SaaS based service / external facing API platforms.
- 10+ years' experience with .NET, Java, or similar language.
- Payments experience a significant plus.
- Hands-on experience identifying and resolving performance and scalability issues for both web-based applications and databases.
- Familiar with diverse, complex problems and adept at devising reasonable solutions or alternatives.
- Proven experience translating Business Requirements into solutions.
- Technical leader and coach, aware of the applicability of new technologies.
- Can work at an abstract level and create abstractions that clarify and contribute to system integrity across the enterprise.
- Tolerant of high degrees of ambiguity, and good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction. Willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions, and experiment to validate approaches.
- Creative, Investigative, Innovative, Insightful, and able to make technical leaps, finding novel solutions.
- Excels at grasping existing code and identifying opportunities to improve and to integrate with existing code.
- Effective and comfortable working with high-level management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including proven success in working with stakeholders with a wide range of technical knowledge.
- Comfortable working in an environment that is growing rapidly and constantly addressing the inherent challenges.
up to £115k base salary
* Market leading salary
* Unlimited holidays
* Fully remote working
* Greenfield projects
* £500 onboarding allowance
* £50 towards broadband
A bit about me
I have been recruiting in the Belfast IT market for the past 17 years. Prior to I worked for Microsoft and have a BSc from Queens University, Belfast in Management and information systems.
At VANRATH we partner with you, providing up to date information on credible companies and roles that best match your skill-set or aspirations.
Please see below for some of my recent testimonials available on Google.
'Phil was of tremendous help to me in my most recent move. Excellent in terms of communication and very personable. Was able to understand my motivations and also help explain to me about the options. I never felt pressured into anything and always able to have an honest chat about anything. I felt Phil was always a great advocate on my behalf as a candidate as well and was able to make sure things moved along'
'My experience of working with Phil at VanRath over the years has always been a positive one. His knowledge is second to none and he is one of the most honest, hard working recruiters out there! Phil always puts his client's wishes first and you won't be hassled by any cold calls or hard sells. I would thoroughly recommend Phil if you are thinking of a change'
To find out more information on the role advertised, please call Phil Gamble directly or send in your CV via the link below.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…