Our client, a well-known public sector organisation requires Band 5 and 6 Social Workers to join their busy team. To be responsible for direct provision of quality social work services to children and families. Including being responsible for the management of a caseload and statutory duties in respect of children in need.
The Ideal Person
- Degree/Diploma in Social Work or equivalent
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Northern Ireland Social Care Council
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
- knowledge of all relevant legislation
- Knowledge and understanding of child protection policy and procedures
- Knowledge of relation-based social work
- Knowledge and understanding of effecting change in families/children lives
- Demonstrate an aptitude for working with children and families
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including at least one of the core packages i.e. Outlook (Email) Word, Excel, Powerpoint or MS Access
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Direct practice with children and families
- Engage in direct work with children and families
- Undertake assessment and case planning and to discharge a range of statutory
responsibilities in respect of children in need
- Participate in Child Protection and Looked After Children processes
- Attend court and present evidence in legal proceedings
- Participate in effective interagency and multi disciplinary practice
- Access and participate in, as appropriate research and other developmental activity relevant to improving standards of practice
- Liaise with relevant statutory, voluntary and independent sector organisations
- Maintain clear records of work undertaken including assessment and review reports
Established in 2000, VANRATH has become a market leader in Northern Ireland. This success is a direct result of our dedication to confidentiality, professionalism and the wealth of knowledge held by our Senior Consultants. VANRATH has a demonstrable track record in pairing the best local talent with leading local businesses.
Our consultants are sector specific and have an in-depth knowledge of, and experience in, their respective fields. Put simply, they are the best in the business! We continually monitor trends and developments within the market to ensure we provide the very highest quality advice and support to our clients and candidates.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Public Sector job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Emma Hall in the strictest confidence.