In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer of £40,000 - £45,000 based on experience plus bonus and a range of benefits.
VANRATH are pleased to be working with an industry leading cyber security firm who are recruiting for a high calibre candidate to fill the SOC Analyst - Level 3 role.
The Ideal Person
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline, OR
- Relevant Industry certifications (Security+, CEH, GIAC, etc.), OR
- Commensurate technical industry experience
- Willingness to learn new skills and proactively drive self-education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple locations
- Ability to work in a team environment, to work under pressure and show flexibility
- Deep understanding & familiarity with networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Significant understanding & familiarity of Operating System fundamentals (Windows or Linux)
- Deep understanding & experience with fundamental cyber security concepts, such as types of cyber-attacks and why attackers perform them
- Evidence of practical experience in defensive system hardening or system exploitation
- Previous experience with other security detection technologies such as firewalls, IDS or log management (Splunk, etc)
- Experience in writing scripts for the purpose of automation, preferably in python
- Analysis of security incidents using a selection of industry leading SIEMs
- Operate in a rotating 24x7 shift environment to include daytime, night time, and weekend work
- Actively engage with customers on potential ongoing security incidents
- Proactively analyse event data to adapt and improve current detection coverage
- Work with internal partner teams with customer outcomes at the core
- Threat Intelligence gathering with a focus on delivery of detection for new threats
- Providing technical leadership and mentoring L1&2 Security Analysts
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Cyber Security job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jordan Madden in the strictest confidence.