In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer of £27,000 - £32,000 based on experience plus bonus and a range of benefits.
VANRATH are pleased to be working with an industry leading cyber security firm who are recruiting for a high calibre candidate to fill the SOC Analyst - Level 1 role.
The Ideal Person
- Degree in a relevant technical discipline, OR
- Relevant Industry certifications (Security+, CEH, GIAC, etc.), OR
- Equivalent technical industry experience
- Familiarity with networking concepts & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, etc.)
- Understanding of Operating System fundamentals (Windows or Linux)
- Understanding of fundamental cyber security concepts, such as types of cyber-attacks and why attackers perform them
- Willingness to learn new skills and proactively drive self-education
- Good verbal and written communication skills and work well with a team across multiple locations
- Ability to work in a team environment, to work under pressure and show flexibility
- Analysis of security incidents using an industry leading SIEM
- Operate in a rotating 24x7 shift environment to include daytime, night time, and weekend work
- Actively engage with customers on potential ongoing security incidents
- Proactively analyse event data to adapt and improve current detection coverage
- Work with internal partner teams with customer outcomes at the centre
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Cyber Security job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jordan Madden in the strictest confidence.