In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package of £45,000 is on offer based on experience plus bonus and a range of benefits.
VANRATH are pleased to be working with an industry leading client who are recruiting for a high calibre candidate to fill the role of Security Operation Centre Analyst (SOC Analyst).
The Ideal Person
- The permanent right to live and work in the United Kingdom - this job is based in Belfast, Northern Ireland
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (Security, Forensics, or Computer Science is preferred) or equivalent industry related experience.
- Desirable | Proven experience as a security analyst, incident handler/responder, security engineer, or penetration tester.
- Knowledge of security methodologies, processes (i.e., Cyber Kill Chain/Diamond Models, and the MITRE ATT&CK framework).
- Knowledge of technical security solutions (firewalls, SIEM, NIDS/NIPS/HIDS/HIPS, AVs, DLP, proxies, network behavioural analytics, endpoint, and cloud security).
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, FTP, SSH, SSL/TLS and HTTP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Good knowledge of common malware threats and attack methodologies.
- Accountable for the successful completion of multiple, individual projects simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively by contributing significantly to the development and delivery of a variety of written and visual documents for diverse audiences.
- Manage change and demonstrate adaptability by adjusting priorities or processes and approaching as needs dictate.
- Work independently as a team representative of InfoSec as well as showing excellent teamwork skills.
- Ability to develop thorough documentation and operational playbooks, in addition, to suggest alert enhancements to improve detection capability.
- Good understanding of system and network hardening practices.
- Participate in security projects and assist network operations and engineering teams.
- Investigating and responding to security alerts across all our security platforms.
- Become an expert in our security tooling across anti-malware, EDR, SIEM, PAM, DLP, and vulnerability management.
- Assist with the onboarding of new security event sources, and to ensure existing resources are used to the fullest
- Maintain best practices by contributing to training sessions with teams across security involving -
- Tabletop incident response exercises
- Breach and Attack Simulation (BAS)
- Test and tune detection rules and to understand how attackers can operate in our environment.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Cybersecurity job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jordan Madden in the strictest confidence.