SO Accountant (Part Time Contract)
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting for a Qualified Accountant to join a Civil Service body in Belfast City Centre to undertake a 6 month contract. This role will be spread across 3 days totalling 22.2 hours per week (flexibility with how this is made up to suit the candidate).
Previous public sector experience would be advantageous but is not essential, although candidates who are available on short notice are preferred for this post. Preference will however be given to those who can be available to start this month.
- Analysis of financial data
- Budget management and monitoring
- Monthly budget profiling, variance analysis and reporting
- Support in the production of monthly and/or quarterly management accounting information in line with relevant legislation and standards
- Support in the preparation of departmental or agency Annual Reports and Accounts
- Development and review of financial IT systems
- Providing advice and guidance on the use and interpretation of financial information, accounting requirements and best practice
- Preparation of VAT Returns to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Drafting and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls
- Use of activity based costing and benchmarking techniques
- Promote good corporate governance across the organisation
- Preparation of prepayment and accrual schedules and any other schedules required by management
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully Qualified Accountant with proven experience of working at a relevant level within the Public Sector
- Exposure to preparing management and statutory accounts
- Highly computer literate with a good level of familiarity with MS Excel (Pivots Tables, V Look Ups experience preferable)
- Immediate availability
SO Accountant Level
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below.