SO Accountant (NICS Contract)
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for a Qualified Accountant to join an NICS body on an ongoing contract basis for a minimum period of 12 months. During this period, this post (along with two others) will be recruited permanently.
This role requires a Fully Qualified Accountant athough the successful applicant does not require public sector experience (although this would be advantageous). You will work as part of a smaller team and be afforded the option to work from home on a regular basis.
- Analysis of financial data;
- Budget management and monitoring, monthly budget profiling, variance analysis and reporting;
- Prepare monthly accrued income and quarterly deferred income journals on a timely basis
- Production of monthly and/or quarterly management accounting information;
- Development and review of financial systems;
- Providing advice and guidance on the use and interpretation of financial information, accounting requirements and best practice;
- Drafting and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls
- Build strong working relationships with Science colleagues, by providing support and responding to queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Be proactive in seeking out opportunities to make improvements to processes and procedures, to ensure that service delivery is efficient and effective.
- Actively seek opportunities to build knowledge of the work carried out within assigned science branches to enhance the service provided.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully Qualified Accountant with proven experience of working at a relevant level within the Public Sector
- Exposure to preparing management and statutory accounts
- Highly computer literate with a good level of familiarity with MS Excel (Pivots Tables, V Look Ups experience preferable)
- Immediate availability
SO Accountant Level
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Robbie Lemon in the strictest confidence on 02890 330 250.