SO Accountant (Civil Service Contract)
VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting for a Qualified Accountant to join an NICS ALB on a 12 month contract basis.
Previous public sector experience would be advantageous but is not essential, although candidates who are available on short notice are preferred for this post.
- Analysis of financial data;
- Budget management and monitoring, monthly budget profiling, variance analysis and reporting;
- Prepare monthly accrued income and quarterly deferred income journals on a timely basis
- Production of monthly and/or quarterly management accounting information;
- Development and review of financial systems;
- Providing advice and guidance on the use and interpretation of financial information, accounting requirements and best practice;
- Drafting and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls
- Build strong working relationships with Science colleagues, by providing support and responding to queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Be proactive in seeking out opportunities to make improvements to processes and procedures, to ensure that service delivery is efficient and effective.
- Actively seek opportunities to build knowledge of the work carried out within assigned science branches to enhance the service provided.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Fully Qualified Accountant with proven experience of working at a relevant level within the Public Sector
- Exposure to preparing management and statutory accounts
- Highly computer literate with a good level of familiarity with MS Excel (Pivots Tables, V Look Ups experience preferable)
- Immediate availability
SO Accountant Level
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Temporary Accountancy job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below.