VANRATH are delighted to be recruiting for a public sector organisation based in Greater Belfast, who are looking to recruit an SO Accountant to their busy finance team. This is an ongoing contract for a minimum period of 6 months and would be ideal for a Qualified Accountant looking to gain public sector experience.
In order to attract the very best talent on the market a generous remuneration package is on offer based on experience:
- £34,000 - £37,000
- Initial 6-month contract
- Hybrid working model on offer
- Immediate start
VANRATH are delighted to be working with a leading public sector employer based in Belfast, who are currently recruiting a Staff Officer Accountant to join their team on an initial 6-month contract. This is the ideal role for a Qualified Accountant who is keen to gain public sector exposure to broaden their career experience.
Initially this is an interim contract role however the incoming SO Accountant will have an opportunity to secure a permanent contract within the business.
The Ideal Person
If you've 1+ years' experience working in a similar level role and are comfortable with the month end accounting process;
- Fully Qualified Accountant/Part-Qualified Accountant/Qualified by experience
- Strong reporting skills
- Ability to work productively and flexibly while meeting deadlines
- Exposure to preparing management and statutory accounts
- Strong IT skills including MS Excel (Pivots and vLookups)
As a Staff Officer Accountant, you will:
- Budget management and monitoring, monthly budget profiling
- Prepare monthly accrued income
- Development and review of financial systems
- Implementing financial policies and procedures
- Preparing statutory accounts
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Accountancy & Finance job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Dan Morgan in the strictest confidence.