- Job Reference: RASHEQO150822
- Job Title: SHEQ Officer (Main Contractor)
- Salary: €55,000 - €65,000 package
- Location: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Are you looking for a SHEQ Officer role? Interested in working for a leading Civil Engineering and Building company delivering high quality construction projects?
VANRATH are recruiting a SHEQ Officer for a well respected Civil Engineering and Building Contractor, based in the Midlands of England.
€55,000 - €65,000 package
Our client is a leading Civil Engineering and Building company delivering high quality construction projects across the UK and Ireland. They operate in all aspects of Construction from Civils and Water Infrastructure through to Commercial and Residential projects. Innovation, quality, integrity and professionalism are the cornerstones of the business which is renowned for its personal, hands on style.
Due to continued success and growth, the business has a great opportunity for a SHEQ Officer to join them on a permanent basis. The SHEQ Officer will play a key role within the team, responsible for overseeing and implementing SHEQ procedures, assistance with pre site preparation and on-site auditing. The SHEQ Officer will liaise with the site teams and Head Office staff to ensure that projects are delivered safely, adhering to current legislation and adopting accepted Best Practice where appropriate.
- Carrying out SHEQ site inspections and audits
- Supporting the site teams with the preparation & review of paperwork including Safe Systems of Work, Risk Assessments, Method Statements, COSHH Assessments, Inductions and Toolbox Talks
- Development of the pre start SHEQ plans and site files
- Assisting with administration of Integrated Management Systems (ISO 9001, 14001, 27001, & ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001)
- Assisting with Incident reporting and investigation and Accident trend analysis
- Attending all relevant training as required
- Flag training requirements identified
- Assisting with upkeep of various Health & Safety Accreditations
- Sub-Contractor monitoring
- Attendance of SHEQ and site meetings when required
The Ideal Person:
- Degree qualified or other relative qualifications
- Strong construction-based knowledge and experience
- Qualification to NEBOSH level with 3-6 years' experience within the construction industry OR 6+ years of construction industry experience in a SHEQ inspection capacity
- Ability to use experience and knowledge to deliver leading and best SHEQ practice for projects from start to finish
- The ability to use data to motivate project teams to hit KPI's
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001/OHSAS 18001
- Experience working within the water industry will be preferable
- Full driving licence.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job, please apply via the link below or contact Robert Apps for a confidential discussion