Are you looking for a SHEQ ADVISOR role? Want to work for a privately owned company operate throughout the UK & Ireland?
VANRATH are recruiting for 2 SHEQ ADVISOR. Due to recent project success and continued growth, our client currently have a permanent opportunity available for the following: 2 x SHEQ Advisors.
c£30,000, alongside holiday entitlement and pension (from day one).
The Ideal Person
- NEBOSH Certificate
- CSR/CSCS Card
- Temporary Works certification
- Excellent IT skills especially Microsoft Office
- High attention to detail coupled with a high level of commitment and pro-active attitude.
- Ability to work effectively both alone and with all other company departments
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- CISRS Certification
- PASMA Certification
- Member of the institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Experience working in the construction / fit out industry
SHEQ department support all areas of the business. As the SHEQ Advisor you will be responsible for monitoring both employees, sub-contractors and visitors on site and ensuring compliance with Client policies.
- Assist site teams in the successful implementation of Client's Policies and Procedures
- Liaise with sub-contractors on all health & safety matters through all stages of the project
- Carry out audits to determine compliance with the company procedures and highlight non conformances
- Chair weekly Health and Safety Meetings
- Participate in progress reports
- Complete accident & incident investigations
- Ensure relevant inspections and checks are carried out with records maintained
- Monitor the Health & Safety performance of site and report to back to the senior management team
- Assist the Health & Safety Manager in promoting best practice throughout Client's using various initiatives
- Carry out / review & Approve risk assessments
- Management of Temporary Works eg. Scaffolding, propping, hoardings, hoists etc
- Liaise with external health and safety authorities
- Adopt a Continuous Improvement approach to processes and practices
For further information on this vacancy, or any other Built Environment job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Chris Haddock in the strictest confidence.