Server Engineer - Infrastructure
VANRATH are hiring an experienced server engineer for our public sector HSC client to work on a major project working for the deployment of a new system across HSCNI departments.
You'll be joining an infrastructure department of around 15 engineers, and you'll be within the Server Engineering Team. They are a sound team of engineers there, so if you are a positive team player, who is passionate about IT, you will fit right in!
SALARY & BENEFITS
- £33,706 + Holiday Pay + Pension
- Hybrid working - 4 days from home!
- Belfast City Centre Office (1 day a week)
- 38 Days Paid Holiday per annum
* You will be supporting with the management of IT infrastructure, which includes 1500 servers (mostly virtual) managed through VMWare (strong experience using VMWare is essential).
* Deploy new virtual machines and decommission old ones
* Conduct server updates / replacements
* Proactive problem solving within an operational and hands-on role
* May gain exposure of Cisco UCS in supporting on its management
* Strong professional experience of VMWare is essential!
* Experience using Windows Server 2012-2022
* Cisco UCS experience is great to have
* Knowledge of storage would be great to have (SAN / NAS / DELL)
* Proactive problem solver
* Positive team player and strong communicator
For further information on this vacancy, or any other public sector roles in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Shannon McKinley in the strictest confidence.