VANRATH are delighted to be assisting our client, a large and well-known Public Sector organisation in their search for a Senior Workforce Manager at Band 8A Level, this role is initially on a temporary basis for 3 months with possibility of further extension/permanency.
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior candidate looking for an interim role with an immediate start.
The postholder will be a key member of the Workforce Directorate and will take a lead role in the achievement of the Directorate's performance objectives. The postholder will have lead responsibilities in relation to Workforce Governance, including having overall senior management responsibility for the Workforce Planning and Workforce Information & Systems functions and providing day-to-day senior line management support to the Resourcing and Pay & Conditions functions. In addition, the postholder will act as Business Partner to all Corporate Directorates. The postholder will be expected to act as a senior member of the wider Workforce Directorate in ensuring the delivery of a proactive, responsive and professional HR service to internal and external stakeholders.
Some key responsibilities will include:
- To influence, support and facilitate the delivery of Directorate objectives through proactive engagement in Directorate planning and performance management processes, ensuring workforce impacts and issues are identified and assessed at an early stage and resolved in a timely manner.
- To act as Workforce Lead in Directorate transformation programmes and change management projects, analysing and evaluating potential workforce impacts, proposing innovative and pragmatic workforce solutions to achieve successful outcomes and promoting service improvement and new ways of working.
- To take lead responsibility for workforce governance, with a particular focus on audit and assurance of safe recruitment and employment practices in relation to staff and workers engaged across the organsiation.
- To lead the development, implementation and review of Business Continuity plans across the Workforce Directorate.
- To provide expert advice, guidance and support to managers in defining and planning workforce capacity and capability requirements for specific services.
The Ideal Person
Have a relevant degree or recognised professional qualification plus a minimum of two years' post graduate senior* management experience within a Human Resources (HR) function, providing professional advice and guidance on a range of workforce issues.
Have a minimum of five years' experience, two of which must be at a senior* management level, within a Human Resources (HR) function, providing professional advice and guidance on a range of workforce issues.
- Have a minimum of three years' experience leading staff in the successful delivery of service change/improvement.
- Demonstrate a working, up-to-date knowledge and understanding of NI equality/employment legislation.
This is an excellent senior level opportunity offering an immediate start initially for 3 months with possibility of further extension or permanency. The salary range for this role is £47,126 - 53219.
For further information on this vacancy, or any other HR job in Belfast or wider Northern Ireland, please apply via the link below or contact Jamie Gault in the strictest confidence.
Follow VANRATH on LinkedIn for:
Expert career advice. The latest Top Jobs. Industry News. And much more…